Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Carolina_Writer22
0 Kudos

Re: YOUR AGE?

I am 19 years old, from North Carolina :smileyhappy:

New User
Sven_Hoek
0 Kudos

I am 29

New User
SillyB
0 Kudos

I'm 17. Born in July:smileyhappy:

New User
RillyMilly
0 Kudos

Hi i'm Raleigh!

I just turned 14 september 16th :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Questions in need of answers...

*sighs* Living a life of faith is soooooo hard...

And the most painful part there is... when you think you're not growing in faith and love at all...

and THAT'S what I'm feeling right now... My mom, who is a Christian too, told me this morning that I am so selfish and that she thinks--and she's so convinced--that I hate my brothers.

I was literally crying all morning because of this... I prayed and cried to the Lord, asking Him to "bring back to me the joy of my salvation".

But there's still doubt in me... Am I really saved? If I am, then there must be change seen in me by others....

but I don't think there is, so does that mean....

After all the things I've experienced, said, written, and professed,...

I am not saved at all?

I am in need of Bible-based serious answers....

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.storywrite.com/
It's cool! :smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Questions in need of answers...

YeLLoWmisT wrote:

*sighs* Living a life of faith is soooooo hard...

And the most painful part there is... when you think you're not growing in faith and love at all...

and THAT'S what I'm feeling right now... My mom, who is a Christian too, told me this morning that I am so selfish and that she thinks--and she's so convinced--that I hate my brothers.

I was literally crying all morning because of this... I prayed and cried to the Lord, asking Him to "bring back to me the joy of my salvation".

But there's still doubt in me... Am I really saved? If I am, then there must be change seen in me by others....

but I don't think there is, so does that mean.... 

After all the things I've experienced, said, written, and professed,... 

I am not saved at all?

I am in need of Bible-based serious answers....

Hi Yellowmist....seems like we talked about this once before?

Salvation has nothing to do with being selfish, or hateful, or any other form of human feelings, emotions, personalities, or interactions.   

Read the Bible....

NIV Teen Study Bible Compact  . and you'll see every known fault and sin and corruption imaginable.  Even those these people believed in God,  it didn't stop them from falling away, or doing what they did to others, but eventually God brought them to their knees, and they asked Him to change them, and to forgive them.  That's what you need to do....not question your salvation!

We are only human, and even though the Christian is known as a Saint, it doesn't change the fact that we go through dozens of periods of changes and challenges in our lives.  From childhood, adolescences, middle age, and mature age.....and at every stage of your life you will deal with something you've never dealt with before.  You'll see life, and your brothers or sisters, mother, father, and the people you hang out with,  can all go through hard periods in their lives.  Life is darn hard for a lot of people, and the sooner we recognize it, the better off we'll be. 

Ask for forgiveness form your God, and even your bothers, if you feel it necessary.  Like I said, I have no idea where your thoughts are coming from, or where your mother's thoughts are coming from.  I have no idea how you treat your brothers, or anyone else for that matter.  I don't know if you are hurting them physically, mentally, or what.  Or just blowing it out of proportion.

But, it's not up to me, or anyone here, to judge you.  You know who you are, and if, like I've already told you, have already accepted Jesus into your heart, and asked for His salvation, you don't need to question this, or ask Him again.  It's a done deal.  Just deal with your problems face on with the people you seem to have problems with.  Ask your mother what she's talking about. Ask her what she wants from you.

Change your attitude towards your bothers, if you see that's the problem.  You do have to put some effort into it.  If God is telling you to change, if that's what you're hearing from your questioning, than you'd better listen.  You don't need me or anyone else to tell you.

You're young, and change doesn't happen overnight.  But work at it.  Ask  HIm for help, continually.  Ask for help from your parents, or your brothers..... But don't ask for salvation, once you've already received it.  Receiving it means:  You know who answers your heart when it cries.   It's a personal relationship.  It's a personal friendship.  You have to believe this, and believe that there will be answers.  Read John.  If you don't believe this, than you need to ask yourself why...and please study the Bible! 

Get yourself one that is easy to understand.  There are Bibles out there that are written in everyday language.  These that I've posted are published by Zondervan, which is an established and very well respected company.  I wish you nothing but the best in your life.  If you feel you'd like to tell us more about this situation, I'll be here to listen, but I can't give you any more advice than what I've already given you.  It really is out of my hands.

Believe and have faith,

Kathy

Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Personal Size  

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Thanks Kathy S... thanks for the time replying... sorry if I was redundant... :smileyhappy:

KathyS
0 Kudos

YeLLoWmisT wrote:

Thanks Kathy S... thanks for the time replying... sorry if I was redundant... :smileyhappy:

Yellowmist,

Please don't be sorry!  I hope I didn't sound too hard on you?  I'm old enough to be your grandmother, and I do have grandkids, and I do sit them down and talk to them just the way I've talked to you, when necessary.  I wanted to get your attention, and give you answers, but I also didn't want to sound like I was lecturing you, either.  I never know how readers will read my writing. I just wanted to make it clear about this subject of Salvation.

I never want to hurt you in any way,  I just wanted to give you information that hopefully helps you grow.  No matter the age, we all have room to grow!

If you want to vent, this is a great place to do it!  If you want answers from God, just make sure you let us know when these vents aren't meant to be answered by us.  And be sure to let us know if you're doing okay, and if your questions are being resolved, or answered.  Okay?  I don't worry about you, I just feel concerned when I hear your heart being torn. 

There are a lot of people your own age here, probably with similar concerns, and writing is what this place is all about, so please continue to talk!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Kathy

Contributor
RC15
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

just turned 14 in September

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Oh no! You didn't sound hard, and I thank you for the replies... :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Hey, so what's what with you guys??

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Just turned 14 Oct 1st... haven't been on the boards in a very long time but I've been wanting to get more involved in this one.

So are more people on this board more poetry writers or the fiction/nonfiction/whichever novel writers?

----------------------------------------------
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I would say that it is usually pretty even between the poetry and the short stories/novels.  Sometimes it's only poetry and sometimes it writing workshops/practice that is popular that day or week.  We read whatever though :smileyvery-happy:, so feel free to add your stuff into the mix!

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

So, I finally joined Facebook today.  I know, what was I waiting for.  The truth is I really don't know and I don't know how I feel about it yet.  But if anyone would like to "friend" me or whatever it is, it's Katherine Easter.  I don't know if there is more than one Katherine Easter, but my profile picture is of my head with head phones on and I'm in a helicopter, if you can see it that well.

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

In the mood for a riddle . . .

In the mood for a riddle . . . anyone know a good one?

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Contributor
B_Ry
0 Kudos

im 29 and birthday is in august

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Re: In the mood for a riddle . . .

What breaks but doesn't fall?  What falls but does break?

Answer below:

Dawn and Dusk.

Here's another one:

What goes up and down at the same time without moving?

Answer below:

Stairs!

Brandi_R wrote:

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

tiffany57 wrote:

Here's another one:

Answer below:

Stairs!

Brandi_R wrote:

Fun, Tiffany57. I thought this one might have something to do with moods. But "stairs" makes sense. Thanks! 

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Darkkin
0 Kudos

What is neither flesh nor bone, but in twenty-one days walks alone?

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Brandi_R wrote:

tiffany57 wrote:

Here's another one:

Answer below:

Stairs!

Brandi_R wrote:

Fun, Tiffany57. I thought this one might have something to do with moods. But "stairs" makes sense. Thanks! 

haha thanks! Sorry it was spaced out so much and took up so much room on the bored!