Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Re: In the mood for a riddle . . .

How much dirt is there in a hole that is 1 foot long, 1 foot wide and 1 foot deep?

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

tiffany57 wrote:

How much dirt is there in a hole that is 1 foot long, 1 foot wide and 1 foot deep?

None, it's a hole!  Ha!

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

tiffany57 wrote:

None, it's a hole!  Ha!

Haha! Good job!  How about this one:

What scratches its ear with it's nose?

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

tiffany57 wrote:

haha thanks! Sorry it was spaced out so much and took up so much room on the bored!

That's okay! I was able to try and guess.

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

tiffany57 wrote:

An elephant?

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Brandi_R wrote:

tiffany57 wrote:

An elephant?

Yes! =D

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Brandi_R wrote:

tiffany57 wrote:

haha thanks! Sorry it was spaced out so much and took up so much room on the bored!

That's okay! I was able to try and guess.

Okay, I kinda felt bad because it took up so much room but thanks! Oh, I wrote bored, I meant board, sorry!

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

I'm Thankful For...

What 10 things are you thankful for?

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Re: I'm Thankful For...

1. I am Thankful for the joy in my life
  2. I am thankful for being heathly
  3. I am thankful for everyone in my life-they have changed it even if I barley know them
  4. I am thankful for my talents, including writing (I hope, =D)
  5. I am thankful for my parents yelling at me because it means they care about me
  6. I am thankful for all the food that I push to the side of my plate because it means I have food to eat
  7. I am thankful for going to school because it means I have an education
  8. I am thankful for waiting in line for something because it means I have legs to stand on
  9. I am thankful for my glasses because it means I can see
  10.  I am thankful for the Lord for making everyone in the world have a role in life that affects everyone elses.

How about you?

Darkkin

1. The breath I draw each day.

2. Interfering family, even when I wish them to Oz. It just shows they care.

3. My music for it is the door through which I pass to leave this world behind.

4. My mind for it is the source of my dreams and the mask behind which I hide.

5. The beautiful randomness of a fractured plan, never knowing what will happen next.

6. My library...Too many books, read too many times.

7. Nitro and aspirin.

8. Smudgie and Rue..They have listened to everything I have ever written, helped me battle through plotlines, and have been there when I needed, quiet, unfailing support, not another opinion. (I have enough of my own..).

9.The continuing play of light, shadow, elements, and cloud across the face of land and sea, for there are some things that are just to fleeting and magical to be captured on paper or film.

10. The freedom to dream, to hope, and aspire, to know that the only limits we set are our own...

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Inspired Correspondent
Jane_Doe

1.  My family who listen and care

2. My best friend who waits for me even when she shouldn't

3. My 14 fish you are still alive and who listen to all of my thoughts

4. My books who are always there to lift my mood

5. Stars so that night time isn't so scary

"Let the world be torn apart, may our lives be ripped away, simply so that we may be broken souls together."
-Andrea Hansen
Brandi_R

Awww, I like this question! I'm thankful for this awesome community of writers here at the Writing Room.

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

What are your plans for ringing in the New Year? Banging pots and pans at home? A night out dancing? Sleeping through the stroke of midnight?

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Brandi_R wrote:

What are your plans for ringing in the New Year? Banging pots and pans at home? A night out dancing? Sleeping through the stroke of midnight?

We've got a black and white affair at the clubhouse; live band, dancing,  and Champaign at the stroke of 9:00 p.m. (12:00 NY time)  We're a retirement community......We retire early. :smileyvery-happy:

What are you up to, Brandi?

Contributor
veronicajoy
0 Kudos

Re: YOUR AGE?

just turned 20 this past xmas eve =)

"Do you know why the swallows build in the eaves of houses? It is to listen to stories." -- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
KathyS
0 Kudos

Veronica

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Brandi_R wrote:

We've got a black and white affair at the clubhouse; live band, dancing,  and Champaign at the stroke of 9:00 p.m. (12:00 NY time)  We're a retirement community......We retire early. :smileyvery-happy:

That sounds like fun. I'm hoping for a low key New Year's eve at home. That's the plan. If I don't make it to midnight, I'll be okay with that. There's no sleeping in the day after for me these days.

KathyS
0 Kudos

Brandi_R wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Brandi_R wrote:

That sounds like fun. I'm hoping for a low key New Year's eve at home. That's the plan. If I don't make it to midnight, I'll be okay with that. There's no sleeping in the day after for me these days.

Well, that sounds good, too!   You can't sleep in?  Bummer.  I'm usually up at the crack of dawn, watching the Rose Parade, but find myself cat napping... hope it doesn't rain on the parade! 

New User
Rei_Uzimaki
0 Kudos

I'm 16, my birthday is in September.

Contributor
island_time
0 Kudos

I'm 20 and my bday is in July