Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

LOL...I wear a blanket of sunscreen...(Is that true daylight I see...Hisses...Flees...).  This is a come reaction among students working full time..and strange hours.  :smileywink:

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

Lighter mood...:smileyvery-happy:...Wait...Is that sunlight I see?...(Peers through the blinds...Ducks...)  Yup...

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

Ha who needs sunlight? Fake&bake in a tanning shop works. Mmm.. what a name for a place like that . :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

I think my cat has early onset Alzheimer's...:smileyindifferent:  I put food in her bowl five minutes ago and now she's whining again.  Oh well.  Such are the vagaries of the feline mind.  :smileywink:

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
shadowcat80

Fleetfoot wrote:

I think my cat has early onset Alzheimer's...:smileyindifferent:  I put food in her bowl five minutes ago and now she's whining again.  Oh well.  Such are the vagaries of the feline mind.  :smileywink:

How big our her eye pupils usually?  Cats and Dogs as they get older their eyes begin to fail them and, they can't see very well.  It's possible she doesn't see the food there after she eats some of it and the bowl isn't full.   

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

shadowcat80 wrote:

Fleetfoot wrote:

How big our her eye pupils usually?  Cats and Dogs as they get older their eyes begin to fail them and, they can't see very well.  It's possible she doesn't see the food there after she eats some of it and the bowl isn't full.   

Thanks for the concern Shadowcat.  She sees just fine.  My older sister is a vet, so she would know if something were up. (She, my sister, was down just last week.)  My bratty princess yowls just to hear herself...She is a drama queen...LOL.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

Maybe she is trying to say "pet me"? My cat whines anyway he eats like a pig then brings me a mouse.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Contributor
RavynSky
0 Kudos

Yes Kat it's very possible to sunburn in overcast! I live in oregon and I have seen folks get sunburns on rainy days, its all about the reflection from the clouds and such I am told. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

RavynSky wrote:

Yes Kat it's very possible to sunburn in overcast! I live in oregon and I have seen folks get sunburns on rainy days, its all about the reflection from the clouds and such I am told. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thanks. I feel very warm in the face, but that's all I've really noticed (Or I'm constantly blushing from embarrassing myself. It's a toss up, really).

@ whoever posted about the cat problem, sorry I can't remember who it was: Maybe I'm the one getting Alzheimers! Wait; Fleetfoot, that's who it was. You think you have issues, let me tell you what happens to me every day. My mother's cat (she is my mother's cat when she is being evil) likes to stay in my room at night, along with my dog. Exactly two hours before I plan to get up (don't ask me how she knows, I get up at different times every day!) she goes to the bedroom door (which is always open) and starts meowing at me until I wake up. If I continue to ignore her, she bites me! Then, when I get up to kick her out, the dog gets up and has to go outside. Then I have to wait on her as she stares at the wind, standing on the sidewalk, and not going to the bathroom, then after we come back in, I try to go to sleep and I can't. This should explain to everyone why I'm so cranky in the morning. This has been my rant for the day. I hope it was entertaining at least.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE

I can not believe that Castle is over for good, and Beckett died! What a sad ending to the series...

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

What is the show that every one watches on wednesday?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Mythbusters

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Criminal Minds and,  (Looks guilty and slightly sheepish), Iron Chef America.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Wipeout.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE

I sometimes watch The Mentalist on Wednesdays.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

TylerAE wrote:

I can not believe that Castle is over for good, and Beckett died! What a sad ending to the series...

Whoa!!!

Ending? No, no, no. It got picked up for next season. And if Beckett is dead, then I'm Oprah (everyone will have to wait until the fall to see if I undergo that tranformation!) I love that Castle told her he loved her! That was the part that made me cry. There is an interview up on ew.com if you (or anyone else) wants to read it. Not that it tells you anything, but it does answer some questions.

Darkkin
0 Kudos

What becomes of the Peeps leftover from Easter?  Theories?

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I have an announcement (I expect your undivided attention :smileyvery-happy:):

As I have posted on here before, I am interning at a publishing press. I thought I would give everyone here an opportunity to get their work published (Do I have your attention now?)

If you would like to send your poems or short stories to Big Muddy, one of their magazines, there is a possibility that it would get chosen for publication. Now, don't get too excited. Even though I go through these and give my opinions about them, I don't know a lot people's names (and it will stay that way if you send stuff in), so there is no way to know who wrote what. Also, I'm not the only one with an opinion. I just thought you guys may like the opportunity. And, they accept work from all over (read one from Ireland today!) so don't worry about not being from the area. You guys can either go to http://www6.semo.edu/universitypress/bigmuddy/BM_submissions.htm for info, or you can send me a private message and I'll give you the info.

P.S.: Yes, this also means you guys now know where I work and the area in which I live. If any of you even tries to stalk me :smileymad: . . . I'll think of something completely terrible and painful to inflict on you! Pliers may or may not be involved :smileyhappy:.

Hope you guys take this opportunity!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

Darkkin wrote:

Stockpiled in bunkers, along with Spam and Twinkies in case of a nuclear fallout.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Darkkin wrote:

UPS and FedEX use it for packaging instead of styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap (Which is a shame; I love bubble wrap).