Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

Taking away bubble wrap!  That is just plain mean...:smileysad:  The Peeps are possessed.  It's a conspiracy...(Really).

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

Darkkin wrote:

Taking away bubble wrap!  That is just plain mean...:smileysad:  The Peeps are possessed.  It's a conspiracy...(Really).

No more bubble wrap!!!  This is a disaster...!  Cue R.E.M in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...'It's the End of the World as We Know It...'

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Does this mean I don't have to go to work tomorrow?  I mean a bubble wrap disaster; it doesn't get much worse than that...

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

Peeps are regifted along with the fruitcakes.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Kat-NE wrote:

I have an announcement (I expect your undivided attention :smileyvery-happy:):

As I have posted on here before, I am interning at a publishing press. I thought I would give everyone here an opportunity to get their work published (Do I have your attention now?)

If you would like to send your poems or short stories to Big Muddy, one of their magazines, there is a possibility that it would get chosen for publication. Now, don't get too excited. Even though I go through these and give my opinions about them, I don't know a lot people's names (and it will stay that way if you send stuff in), so there is no way to know who wrote what. Also, I'm not the only one with an opinion. I just thought you guys may like the opportunity. And, they accept work from all over (read one from Ireland today!) so don't worry about not being from the area. You guys can either go to http://www6.semo.edu/universitypress/bigmuddy/BM_submissions.htm for info, or you can send me a private message and I'll give you the info.

P.S.: Yes, this also means you guys now know where I work and the area in which I live. If any of you even tries to stalk me :smileymad: . . . I'll think of something completely terrible and painful to inflict on you! Pliers may or may not be involved :smileyhappy:.

Hope you guys take this opportunity!

Almost forgot! There is also a short story contest going on and entries are due in by October. The prize is $500 if I remember correctly. That info is also on the website or just send me a message.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Any Big Bang Theory fans out there?

OMG!!! I can't believe that just happened. Just when I thought maybe things would turn

around . . .

I hope Bones is even better, and makes this an enjoyable TV night!

P.S.: "I've never been touched like this before!"--Sheldon

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Kat-NE wrote:

Kat-NE wrote:

I have an announcement (I expect your undivided attention :smileyvery-happy:):

As I have posted on here before, I am interning at a publishing press. I thought I would give everyone here an opportunity to get their work published (Do I have your attention now?) . . . Hope you guys take this opportunity!

Almost forgot! There is also a short story contest going on and entries are due in by October. The prize is $500 if I remember correctly. That info is also on the website or just send me a message.

Great opportunity to share with the group. Thanks!

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Kat-NE wrote:

OMG!!! I can't believe that just happened. Just when I thought maybe things would turn

around . . .

Yes! But I haven't seen the latest episode. Ug!

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Brandi_R wrote:

Kat-NE wrote:

around . . .

Oh, well get ready. Maybe hold on to something!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I like the Big Bang but I have missed a few.:smileysad:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I have made a very disturbing discovery! After reading all day at my internship, I don't have the energy to read when I get home :smileysurprised:. I haven't picked up a book since I started. I hope this doesn't last all summer. Think of what I'll be missing!

Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

--Aragorn, The Return of the King

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Supernatural fans:

Oh My God (I'm mean that quite literally!)!!!

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and I don't have the words to do so anyway. I'm still kind of in shock. And a little tingly :smileysurprised:. I'll have to watch that again (maybe 10 times) before I feel fully satisfied. Thank God it got picked up for next another season! I would have been losing my mind if there was no resolution to that.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

:smileysurprised: I am speechless that was................
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Kat-NE wrote:

Brandi_R wrote:

Kat-NE wrote:

around . . .

Oh, well get ready. Maybe hold on to something!

Yikes! You weren't kidding!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I'm I the only night crawler up at 12:52am? Is anybody out there?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Hello . . . ?

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
XR is that you?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

[ Edited ]

GS2991 wrote:
X-R is that you? :smileywink:

Possibly . . . Who's asking :smileyvery-happy:?

@GS2991: Totally off topic here, but some Supernatural news: Cas is not going to be a regular next season! I know the man will be busy, but really!

@TylerAE and any other Castle fan: I have some random Castle info while I'm here: I think any Castle fan will like this picture :smileytongue:. http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/21/castle-how-the-season-premiere-should-deal-with-the-cliffhanger/

I know that's sure how I would love it to turn out!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Cas what?!??......O "XR" is from a book called"THE GISMO" very old book. Well no Cas hum.... you think hes tweeting? :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I absolutely think he's tweeting. If I still had a twitter account, I would have totally been there last night! Oh, well. I'm signing off till tomorrow.