Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: Coffee Shop: Off Topic in the Writing Room

Fine.....Goodnight
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

XR... are you there?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

GS2991 wrote:
XR... are you there?

:smileyvery-happy:

I looked for the book to see what it was about and I (sort of) read a synopsis. I think that Darkkin or Fleetfoot would know how to find it: they like to follow glowing, shiny things, ya know :smileywink:.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Ya most likely I have the book In hard back(1st ed) and I wondered if there was any "XR" readers out there. :smileywink:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

What about you? Any old books that you have read when you were little?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I remember very strongly a book my mom used to read to me when I was barely learning how to read myself. I know it had a bunny in it and it was very short, because I memorized the whole thing eventually. I don't even know if I read the words or if it was from hearing it soooo many times. I want to say it was about Easter, too. I didn't really get started on the book obsession until about fifth grade with Goosebumps and Nancy Drew.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

And I thought I was the only goosebumps fan I use to has a lot of those books and the movies one that stood out to me(I no longer recall the title) was the one about the camp where the character was tested to go to earth.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I still remember the Halloween one (well, the kid was in a costume shop anyway), where the kid puts on the mask and it like possesses him or gets stuck on his face. I don't remember how it ended though . . . May have to look it up.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I still remember the Halloween one (well, the kid was in a costume shop anyway), where the kid puts on the mask and it like possesses him or gets stuck on his face, at any rate. Don't remember how it ends though . . .  May have to look it up. Give me something to do on my day off besides clean the house (already ready for a nap!).

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I also remember "will" became a wherewolf or was, turnd, as big of fan I was you would think I'd remember.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I found it! It was The Haunted Mask (I wish the name had been more complicated. I feel quite silly for not remembering it!) This walk down memory lane is making me all nostalgic. Fear Street, with it's crazy cheerleaders and the Babysitter series (ah, the memories and fear) adn all the cool names (Say Cheese and Die!). You think my library would still have them? It's only been like thirteen years, and they don't get new books very often :smileyvery-happy:.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

(UGHH! My computer is being evil!)

It was The Haunted Mask (I wish the name had been more complicated. I feel quite silly for not remembering it!). This walk down memory lane is making me all nostalgic. The Fear Street series with its crazy cheerleaders, the Babysitter series (ah, the memories and fear), plus all the cool names (Say Cheese and Die!). You think my library would still have them? It's only been like thirteen years, and they don't get new books all that often :smileyvery-happy:.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

UGHHH!! Now it's posting everything twice! I don't feel like a war today, but it's pushing it . . . !

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Oo then you would love my 3G nook browser!!! If you wonder why I take forever to reply thats why.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

It's like a ghost town here today, isn't it? The others are probably off doing something, like having lives, I suppose. (Sigh)

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Ya spooky it is soo... You got any pets or livestock. I have turkeys, lizzerds, chickens and cats.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

I guess I will claim my pets today, since they did not wake me up this morning (I usually say that they are my mother's when they are being unecessarily mean). I have a dog, Bella, and two cats, Autumn and Roxy (sisters). They are being unusually quiet today, as well. Must be a Sunday thing. I always wanted a lizard, but I was too afraid that my other pets would eat it if it got out. You know, with all the Goosebumps discussion, I think I'm inspired to write something. I haven't done that in ages. I'll probably post it on here before the day is done.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Kat-NE wrote:

I guess I will claim my pets today, since they did not wake me up this morning (I usually say that they are my mother's when they are being unecessarily mean). I have a dog, Bella, and two cats, Autumn and Roxy (sisters). They are being unusually quiet today, as well. Must be a Sunday thing. I always wanted a lizard, but I was too afraid that my other pets would eat it if it got out. You know, with all the Goosebumps discussion, I think I'm inspired to write something. I haven't done that in ages. I'll probably post it on here before the day is done.

I claim Shadow my gray tabby cat.  My mom got a German Shepard Dog named Molly, and then there's also her cat B.B. which means bad boy.  LOL

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Look GS2991! There are other life forms out there. Welcome to our random discussion, shadowcat!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I can't beleve we have been talking all day. And maybe I shoud be writing too but I think your right its a sunday thing well when your story is done I'll read it for now I will finish my movie and get eggs if my cats haven't beat me to it.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.