Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Re: Dreams....

LoL! That’s funny! Who wants to here about my dream about the Virgin Mary? Raise your hands!
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
Morbid_Princess
0 Kudos

ABI wrote:

snider_kr wrote:
Has abyone ever had the same dream over and sometime during the dream you realize you have been here and done that and know what is going to happen next?

oh my god, yes again. i hhave recurring dreams. they used to haunt me when i was little...

oh, when I was about five I used to have this dream where i was in this barn with this awful monster/dragon/creature and i'd have to outwit it. like bilbo and gullom. except it, hint, didn't really ever work. hehe. ***laughs nervously

I too had a recuring dream when I was a child. It had something to do with a moster that wanted to eat me or something. Long time ago, and my parents took me to a shrink who told me to try and catch the monster using hamburger. After my parents set the trap I didn't have that dream again, and I don't remember it. I have recuring dreams now too. Nothing recently, but a few years back I would dream of the future with this guy. I was finishing high school, and we had been dating for two or three years at this point. He was a Marine, and my family moved a lot. Anyway I would dream of a quick wedding scene and then a beatiful life together. The really cool thing is...I married him two years ago! Weird huh?
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Now that. Is. Sweet. Man am I scared to get married. Sheesh.
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

zip_zap_zop wrote:
scorpio

whoa...who did that? i sure didn't. hmph. my friend probably did--she was over my house when i was online. oh well!:smileywink:

Message Edited by zip_zap_zop on 11-13-2007 02:50 PM
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

What? But you’r;e a scorpio right? Was she the one talking to us when that was posted? We thought it was you zippy!
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
well, yes i am a scorpio. she must have done it because it says the time...and i don't know why she did that but it was very rude of her!! shame on you, _______!!! (can't say her name here):smileysad:

Message Edited by zip_zap_zop on 11-13-2007 04:56 PM
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

well i'm bored. and lonely!! i need somebody to post something interesting!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

hulloooo!!!
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

Interesting??? As in on this board??? I'm usually very, VERY shy about personal things such as dreams, but I suppose that I could maybe post a dream... But only for you, zip_zap_zop.
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
okey dokey!

post away

**takes bite of powdered donut

Message Edited by zip_zap_zop on 11-15-2007 05:11 PM
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

Well... For an example of my dreams, only last night I had a dream that turkeys were running from evil, red-eyed butchers (I know, pretty ironic since it's right before Thanksgiving :smileywink: ) in (drumroll please) (I know this sounds absolutely NUTS but this is a dream as you must remember) (sorry about the excessive parentheses) a parking lot. But wait!!! You have not read the most insane part: This morning when I went to my local grocery store with its nearly empty parking lot, the person who checked me out told me that, of all things, TURKEYS used to live wild where the parking lot of the grocery store currently is. How crazy is that?!?!?!
Satisfied, Zip? Please tell me if you would like to hear more strange, almost future-predicting dreams.
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

haha! how ironic...maybe you're a psychic like jaya!

a have those dreams a lot since i'm obsessed with "the poor cows" and "the poor chickens" and so forth...ask my friends (or anyone at my school, for that matter)...they'll tell you.
people keep asking me how i live without meat, and i say "well, i'm alive, aren't i?". that shuts them up.

i'm a total green freak. when someone throws away a piece of paper, i scream at them, "RECYCLE THAT!!!". now people are used to it...and they just laugh and say, yep, that's pagey.

what can i say? i'm a greenie. :smileyvery-happy:

and yes, yes, more dreams!! :smileyvery-happy:

love
zip
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

have i told you about the dream i have about twice a week?

if i haven't, it's this:

in the dream, i am in a strange blue realm, and a giant fork with legs is chasing me. in the dream, i feel so terrified, but then when i jolt awake and think about it, i laugh at myself. what does this mean?

ok, gotta go, i'm watching the dog whisperer. i love you, cesar!:smileyvery-happy:

love zip
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

zip_zap_zop wrote:
haha! how ironic...maybe you're a psychic like jaya!

a have those dreams a lot since i'm obsessed with "the poor cows" and "the poor chickens" and so forth...ask my friends (or anyone at my school, for that matter)...they'll tell you.
people keep asking me how i live without meat, and i say "well, i'm alive, aren't i?". that shuts them up.

i'm a total green freak. when someone throws away a piece of paper, i scream at them, "RECYCLE THAT!!!". now people are used to it...and they just laugh and say, yep, that's pagey.

what can i say? i'm a greenie. :smileyvery-happy:

and yes, yes, more dreams!! :smileyvery-happy:

love
zip

Yay, zip!!!! Another fellow environmentalist!!! I do that too... One time my friend had a million plastic water bottles in her locker and she started to throw them away, but I made her take them all home and recycle them. It was kind of funny; she must have thought I was crazy. But we can't be crazy for wanting there to actually be a world for many more years in which people can live, rather than just some barren wasteland... It makes me mad when people say that environmental issues aren't going to affect us, so we just shouldn't care about them, because even if nothing completely catastrophic happens in our lifetime (even though we are already seeing these things), we're going to leave it all for the people in the future. It's sad. I've been obsessed with environmentalism ever since I wrote a research paper on rainforest destruction. I don't understand people sometimes. :smileysad:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Frequent Contributor
crAZRick
0 Kudos

I do my part as far as activism goes...

SAVE THE WHALES and DOLPHINS!
(eat steak and hamburger.. and chicken!!)

or

DON'T EAT ANYTHING THAT HAS EYES!
(pluck them out before you fry it up!!)

:smileyvery-happy:
I no longer regret that I have no quote, quip or anecdote to share with my countrymen... how about all y'all?
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

lol, rick.

dreams. . . I don't dwell on my subconscious...I day dream all day though. I have SO much to dream for. None of which will ever befall me...and if it does, it will be quick, fast, and i doubt i'll realize it. which is sad...because that's what I've always wanted . . . conscious happiness. perhaps i'm happy now? dunno . . . i doubt it, because i'm always wanting for more...something different. but in which case, if this is true, then i'll never be truly happy. then, well, damn.
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

pen--

it's so nice to meet another green freak! (i mean that in a good way) :smileyvery-happy:

crAZRick--

ew.

page
"line?"
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

ABI wrote:
lol, rick.

dreams. . . I don't dwell on my subconscious...I day dream all day though. I have SO much to dream for. None of which will ever befall me...and if it does, it will be quick, fast, and i doubt i'll realize it. which is sad...because that's what I've always wanted . . . conscious happiness. perhaps i'm happy now? dunno . . . i doubt it, because i'm always wanting for more...something different. but in which case, if this is true, then i'll never be truly happy. then, well, damn.

sorry. that was depressing. and off-topic.
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Oh, it's okay abi! Most of us here would probably agree with you on that
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

My dreams are messed up and crazy. i know that once a week i have a dream about et. i still cant watch that movie to this day. I have freak outs if i just glimince the thing freaky. ** swats brother for making fun of me.
Baker
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Omg, Baker, I know what you mean! I hate that movie too! When I first saw it, I had to sleep in my brother's room for a week with the lights on! You have dreams about that? Oh dear, THAT IS MOST UNFORTUNATE!

Does anyone else's dreams change like mid-dream? For example, a lot of times in my dreams I'll just be walking around some amusement park or something, and, next thing I know, I'll be somewhere completely different, worrying about something different
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"