Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT

FITTING IN

[ Edited ]

Ummm.. so here's another poem of mine(participating in the national poetry month, lol)... kindly tell me what you think please.... :smileyvery-happy:

"Fitting in"

To fit in would be so cool,
and they said it's worth to try.
To fit in is really cool--
to it, you can't say goodbye.

It is the proof that with ten you belong
and it makes you feel you just can't do wrong.
But is fitting in the real answer
to make you social life much better?

Yes, you might find some comforts there
and help you with burdens you can't bear,
but fitting in would be plastic
and simply unrealistic.

It won't show the true you,
your likes and dislikes too.
Sooner you'd just be stock up in between
a fiery battle you could never win.

And so with this observation,
I would be asking some question--
Is fitting in worth paying?
Is it something worth trying?

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.storywrite.com/
It's cool! :smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
laura0212
0 Kudos

Re: FITTING IN

would you be upset if i used this poem for a school project of mine??? we just need a poem and read it in front of the class.....this is one of my favorites and would like to present it....

Contributor
KaseyJean
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing about asking to use this with my class also. They would really benefit from hearing such an honest and interesting poem. Wonderful job! Well said.

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Well, I guess... yeah.... maybe you can use it... if you really wanted it .... thanks guys!

Just tell them it's from me.... hahahahhahahahahaa... kidding! lol... :smileyvery-happy:

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

YeLLoWmisT wrote:

Well, I guess... yeah.... maybe you can use it... if you really wanted it .... thanks guys!

Just tell them it's from me.... hahahahhahahahahaa... kidding! lol... :smileyvery-happy:

Yellowmist, you should absolutely request that people attribute your poetry to you when reading it! You're the author, after all.

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Oh... haha.... yeah.. you're right Brandi... haahaha... I just said I'm kidding because I don't want them to think I'm selfish or anything.... :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
laura0212
0 Kudos

i just wanted you to know that i use your poem for a school assignment and read it in front of my 8th grade Language Arts class and my teacher loved it and i think i got an A

Thanks 

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

WOW... really? Well, it IS my pleasure... You're an 8th grader? Umm... let's see.... WOW! You're about my age! If I'm studying there, I'd be on 8th grade too.... but since I'm in Philippines, I'm incoming 2nd year high school already (it's summer here)... :smileyvery-happy: