Contributor
FigureOfSpeech
0 Kudos

Re: Getting to Know You

Hi there, my name is Sadie and I am a bibliophile. I'll read just about anything I come across. I'm 35 this year, American, living in NW England (UK), and married with two small children. I also happen to be a writer. I published my first novel (The Weeping Empress) earlier this year. Yes, this was the most frightening thing I have ever done. I'd love some feedback, so feel free to check it out and contact me. But I am here for the sheer joy of nattering about my favorite past-time, reading.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Welcome to the Writing Room! I'm GS for short. I hope you enjoy the board! The Weeping Empress sounds like a interesting title! I will keep a eye out!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Contributor
FigureOfSpeech
0 Kudos

Thanks for the warm welcome GS!

Contributor
Zalen_Redlaw
0 Kudos

I'm Hazen Wardle (My handle is an anagram of my name, and I was originally planning on using that as a pen name.) I have been many things over the years, but have always had a story of some kind or other running through my head. I've been working on writing some of these down on and off for a little over 10 years now, but never really got a complete story worked up until last year, when I finally got book one of my 'Triumph Detective' out in eBook format. Since then I've discovered self publishing is easier than many make it out to be - it's the marketing that's the pain, but I publish mostly for myself and close aquaintances. If I get picked up by a major publisher and make it big-time, I won't complain any, but mostly I'm just writing for myself. It's cool to see your own work in print though! I've got my books available now in print and in e format. I completed book 2 and am working on penning book 3, as well as editing a humorous sci-fi and a more serious sci-fi, the book I started over ten years ago. I'm an avid reader of nearly every genre, and paying attention to writing styles of other authors, as well as things they do and don't do as I read have helped me become better over the years as I develop my own style. I hope to be able to utilize these forums for my own growth as well as pass along any help I can along the way. Glad to see a nice forum like this is available for anyone interested in writing. Thanks!
Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Welcome to the Board, Zalen_Redlaw!

Please feel free to join in writing exercises, comment on other works, and post your own writings.  

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Welcome! Sorry I'm a little slow. I hope you enjoy the board and as Kat said feel free to comment or join a exercise!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
New User
wise-writer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! :smileyhappy: 

My name is Holly and I love to read all types of books but my specialties in writing are poetry and fiction/fantasy! I have a very unique writing style and I plan to share it with you all; I hope I get some amazing feedback! I will also be looking forward to reading other people's writings, as well! And of course, some books on barnesandnoble.com! :smileywink: And, in case anyone is wondering 'what the heck does she look like,' because I know I wonder the same thing whenever I read someone's post, I can tell you all that I have dark blond hair, blue eyes, and freckles. LOL :smileylol: 

Wordsmith
writerfire
0 Kudos

Haha Welcome Holly!  I hope you have a great time here and enjoy the board!  I write poetry and fiction/fantasy too!  And my name is Holly too!  Haha weird!  Happy writing!

The best surprize is one left untold.
Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

Hi I'm WildBlossom (AKA Sierra). I live in Kansas and Barnes & Noble is probably my favorite book store ever. I decided a few days ago to join and so far have enjoyed being here:smileywink: I'm 17 and I'm an American. the only language I can speak right now is English (lol learning to speak anything else might be hard for me xD) If you visit my profile (you're welcome to:smileywink:) you can find out more about what I like reading and I'm also writing a story in the Writing room titled WildCats: Dawn Of WildBlaze. I read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter (just read Last Hope book 6 of the 4th series) and that's when I became interested in writing about cats.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
P.S. Thank you if you ever give any of my stories a Laurel:smileywink: It encourages me when someone else likes it, not just myself.