Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

How come no one posts anymore???

The Writing Room just seems like it's getting empty nowadays...no one's ever online, no one ever posts new poems or story excerpts or anything...where are you guys???

Frequent Contributor
H-Butterfield
0 Kudos

Re: How come no one posts anymore???

I don't know about anyone else but I have been up to my eyeballs in homework. With the classes I'm taking I have to read a book and a half a week along with all my other homework, regular work, and putting in hours at the high school. It would be nice if I had more time to chat and post.

HB

Distinguished Correspondent
marilynpsychic
0 Kudos

Hi TF!

Good question.  At last count, I'm the "latest poster" in six discussions.  I think it's a combination of back-to-school homework, and this being the first weekend of the new month.  Besides paying bills and running errands, people are also starting to think about the upcoming holidays, especially now that the weather is cooler.  If they are on their computer at all, they are probably booking airline flights, and arguing with relatives over who is hosting Thanksgiving this year.

I'm seeing the same thing in a rival's discussion forums.  Maybe things will pick up toward the middle of the month ...

"I'm a writer. I give the truth scope." Chaucer (character) in movie "A Knight's Tale"
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Me too TF!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Distinguished Correspondent
simple_girl
0 Kudos

I am guilty of this. Sorry. I haven't posted in over a month or more. I agree with the previous reasons mentioned in earlier posts as to why there are fewer posts. Life has become crazy for me too. I work 40+, I am pursuing a second B.S. Degree and preparing for graduate school. I rarely have free time and this, unfortunately, falls low on the free time list. I also haven't had any time to write poetry which is what I usually post. Maybe when Thanksgiving rolls around I will get a chance to breathe. Sorry TF.
"It is not what we say or feel that makes us what we are. It is what we do or fail to do."
Wordsmith
Zack_Kullis
0 Kudos

Hi Twilight!

Like some of the others, my schedule has kept me from the Writing Room more than usual.  In fact, I have just finished yet another 17 work day. 

But, we are here!!

Sic volvere Parcas...
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

I'm sorry...I haven't been on for a while cuz, like all the others, I'm too busy -  waaaayyy too busy..But I've been planning to p[ost my latest poem, though I haven't got time yet... but don' t  worry twilight I'll be back and post...something...that's a promise...:smileyhappy:

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

twilight?!?!?!!!  Hiii how are you??  Im sorry i haven't posted n e thing up here since they changed the site but school and homework fill my life. I will come on here more tho... i hope. NO... I WILL TRY! =D

Wordsmith
Capuchin
0 Kudos

While I obviously think this board is great, I do hope that the low posting rate lately is because people are choosing to actually write instead of talking about writing. :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards." -- Robert Heinlein
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

OMG, now I feel like such a hypocrite...I haven't posted in like a week and a half (I think). Time flies (and then not so much) when you're busybusybusy, as always xD

Yeah, well, I can totally relate to the school-thing. I'm WAY too occupied...especially on the weekends! And when I'm not at school, I'm out running or biking or whatever. By the time nine o' clock rolls around, I'm exhausted xP

RED! MOON! It's been so long!!! Whatcha guys been up to lately? (Apart from school, I mean?)

Frequent Contributor
A.Tross
0 Kudos

LMAO, I was seriously JUST thinking that I never come on Barnes and Noble anymore. I was like, "Shiz, I'm gonna come on and no one's going to have any idea how I am." And then I get on and see your topic, Micalya! I laughed quite hard.
So how is everyone in my absense? Zack, redheart, Marylin? Of course I missed you, Mic, LOL. Does anyone know who I am?

*I am no poet.
Yet the words bite, scream, and scratch within me, until I release them from their imprisonment, forever stained in black and white.*
Yeah, I said it.
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

HAHA A tross of course i know who you are!! 

Twilight i have been writing sooo much and reading even more. I have been super busy with college stuff and applying. My classes rock!! I'm taking a poetry class and its the best ever!  Hows ur latin class??

How is everyone???

Correspondent
WriterOfAngels
0 Kudos

I just haven't had the time, and I have been struggling with writing books. I can't stick to a idea anymore. I also have been iguess, plain lazy and don't feel like going on. (Sorry, but I'm gonna start getting fit tomorrow!)

Write On!

WOA

Kitty will attack anything that moves,
Causing trouble, starting battles just so he can be a part of
He’s the meanest little kitty so we named him Sparta!
~ Mean Kitty Song (smpfilms, I own nothing.)
Correspondent
WriterOfAngels
0 Kudos

I agree, about 90% of the time, no one is ever online. I've been writing a little something so I haven't been here often.

Write On!

WOA

ps: If I've already wrote on this, sorry, I have short turn memory.

Kitty will attack anything that moves,
Causing trouble, starting battles just so he can be a part of
He’s the meanest little kitty so we named him Sparta!
~ Mean Kitty Song (smpfilms, I own nothing.)
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

I’m glad you’re all checking in, though! It looks like things are picking up. Writing is all about carving out time. Some days (weeks, months) that’s harder to do then others. That’s what’s great about a community like this—we can all keep each other on our toes!

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.