Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

How you got here..

I would like to ask how you got here ans why.

I was just wondering....

What club/board do you mostly visit??

I vissit the Writing rooom the most.

It's the most free... 

You don't have to stay on topic!!!

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

Re: How you got here..

Open-Peacemind wrote:

I would like to ask how you got here ans why.

I was just wondering....

What club/board do you mostly visit??

I vissit the Writing rooom the most.

It's the most free... 

You don't have to stay on topic!!!

There is a limit to how much random posting goes on in any of the forums here, please try to keep Off Topic conversations on the Off Topic Coffee Shop Thread.  It will keep the boards clear and easier to navigate.  It is a bit of a naunce to wade through a pile of redundant ramblings to find the actual writing posts.  (Sorry about the rant, but someone needed to say it...)

- Fleetfoot, the Murmur

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thank you Fleet! Hope everyone has a wonder new year. Anysoo. I found the book clubs by accident. I had a problem with my nook. I was kinda freaked out because I had just bought it. I looked through the FAQ's that didn't help. I saw the discutions so I clicked on it. At first I didn't understand the seemingly random threads. Because I have never been on a forum before. Then it clicked. Iwent to my account still have not idea whats wrong with my nook. Then I saw my B&N. Hmmm I got myself a pin nam and. Went back retraced my steps and figured it out. But soon as I found the writing room though I was hooked. I love the boards. But the members make it so.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Contributor
WrenWilde

I'm brand new here, set up my profile, started looking around. I found this quite accidentally. I was link hopping looking for local writers groups. I ended up on a yahoo listing and found Barnes and Noble listed there. I've been a card carrying member of Barnes and Noble since they came up with a card system I think. I'm still using my old tan one! How could I possibly go wrong joining up here? I detest shopping, except for going to B and N's every week. I think I could live there. My kids have grown up in our B and N's! There is something so tantalizing about rows upon rows of new books. Gets me every time. So, I am going to take a little bit of time away from my manuscript and poke around the boards. I will look forward to meeting you.

~Wren

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Well hello there! I am GS for short. Welcome to the board!! Hang aroung for a bit read the works of others post some of yours if you can I'm eager to read new stuff. We also have excercises that are fun and helpful.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I was on another writing forun that died and was looking for a new one then later when I got my first nook I found the forum didn't taje me long to find this one. I spend most of my time between here and fiction general
Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

B&N sent me an email about this place a year or two ago, else I NEVER would have known it exists.  I mostly hang out in the Writers' Room, the Teens' Room (I call myself a very old teenager), Lost Books, the Science Fiction Room, Arts & Entertainment and the Community Room.  I love this place -- it beats the heck out of watching junk on TV!

Jeff 

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yes it do!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I just found this and I have been at B&N for a time. I gave the wrong answer up in Community Room and corrected it by giving directions to this forum. I stay mainly with Pubit.
Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

thank you everyone for contributing !!

Did I tell you how I got here?

I got here because of my nook.

And I started to get addicted ( kind of)

I am always mostly at the writing room!!:smileyhappy:

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Yeah the nooky is very addictive!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Quick, before a moderator takes it down -- did you just make the world's most Freudian slip? :smileyvery-happy:

LOL!

Jeff

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Huh?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

You inadvertently used a naughty bit of slang -- I'm surprised the software didn't flag it!  :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
huh. Um interesting. It won't let me edit. Guess me in trouble.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

I was trying to click on the General Fiction Board link and accidentally hit this one . . .

No. I'm kidding. I used to be on the Harry Potter board. I started getting interested in editing and writing and wandered around until I landed on this board. Been on here for over two years. Not so much lately.