Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Yemisi
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Hi, my name is Yemisi, I love to write poetry, its my life. I have some wirtten and am just working on writing more of a together piece and save enough money to publish my book, but to be truthful my wrtting is a hobbie that I love to do. I don't think I'am so good, has to ever get publish, but we all have our dreams. I love Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer, she is truly a charm and my fav. writer.
Contributor
cjfarmer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Jennifer and I am 35, going to college, and live in Texas. I have wanted to write ever since I learned how to read, but I can say that I lack confidence. It was not until a few weeks ago, one of my English teachers pulled me aside and said my work was good and I should pursue and hone my writing skills. So, here I am. I have just started working on ideas for a short story and a possible plot for a novel. I would really like to concentrate on YA fiction. I am constantly amazed with our teenagers today who are seriously lacking in reading skills or reading comprehension. Barnes and Noble is my playground and my husband and I tear through books like Grant tore through Richmond. At times I think I am in serious need of mental guidance; the smell of a bookstore, the smell of a new book, the sound of a cracking spine, and the thrill of an adventure waiting inside are what I live for. Writing that adventure would be the frosting on the cake.
Jenn
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Oh, jenn, I know what you mean. The scent of books, old and new, is the best smell in this world. Add the smell of coffee to all those books and I think that's what heavan would be. My heavan, at least.
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Contributor
cjfarmer
0 Kudos

yippieeee another book smell lover hee hee
Jenn
Reader 2
Rosin_Dust
0 Kudos

Hi there everyone!I'm Rosin Dust. I really don't consider myself to be a writer but all my life I have been an avid reader. Some of my favorite authors include Aurthur Connon Doyle, Charles Dickens, Jane Austin..........and the list goes on. It would be hard to name my favorite book. It's like choosing my favorite star! Sometimes I think it would be fun to try my hand at writing fiction stories but up to this point the only thing I've written is a journal. I thought joining the club might be a fun way to meet some writers and talk about books! It's hard to find people who like to read. I look forward to reading with you all!!
Reader 2
Rosin_Dust
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
"Words, once they are printed, have a life of there own."
Carole Burnett

Message Edited by Rosin_Dust on 11-01-2007 03:14 PM
Contributor
Debbie0108
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

My name is Debbie Diamond and all my 48 years of living I have wanted to write something. I knew I had a passion but didn't know how to go about doing it. Finally after being in the military I decided I just had to go for it. I started writing and wrote two chapters of a romantic novel. My friends always said I was a hopeless romantic and that I could write a book, and after five years of poking around, it has finally become a dream come true. I just wrote and had published my book. "Someone Special For Me." Its a holiday romance novel now on my Publisher's website, www.publishamerica.com and on Amazon. I am so excited. If you get a change check it out.
Debbie Diamond - Author of "Someone Special For Me"
Frequent Contributor
Morbid_Princess
0 Kudos

Hello all~
My name is Morbid Princess. I use to draw some, but wasn't really any good at it so I started writing while I was in high school. I started a novel and lost everything due to a virus on my computer, and haven't really put my writing on the computer since until recently when I bought my self a personal computer. Before I was using a family computer. Anyway I did a alot of poetry for a long time and I even had one published through a contest at my high school. It was an amature contest, but all the same it was cool. I have since gotten married and moved. Now I have the urge to write again and I find my self starting a bunch of different stories, but not being able to carry one out right now. I really would like to start a novel and finish it. My brain storming for stories or novels is very sloppy though. If you have any suggestions on how I could clean that up I would greatly appreciate the advice.
New User
0 Kudos

Hi, Im 656.

I just heard about you guys on the Gotham Writters Workshop. Hope to see you guys around.
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Morbid_Princess wrote:
Hello all~
My name is Morbid Princess. I use to draw some, but wasn't really any good at it so I started writing while I was in high school. I started a novel and lost everything due to a virus on my computer, and haven't really put my writing on the computer since until recently when I bought my self a personal computer. Before I was using a family computer. Anyway I did a alot of poetry for a long time and I even had one published through a contest at my high school. It was an amature contest, but all the same it was cool. I have since gotten married and moved. Now I have the urge to write again and I find my self starting a bunch of different stories, but not being able to carry one out right now. I really would like to start a novel and finish it. My brain storming for stories or novels is very sloppy though. If you have any suggestions on how I could clean that up I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Ahh, man ,I know what you mean. I always start and never finish. It is the story of my life. Yeah, some tips would be great
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Oh, welcome to our happy family, 656!
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

hi. nice name, 656. never seen a person with just numbers as a username...:smileyvery-happy:
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
Sleuth16
0 Kudos

Heya.

That's my typical "Hello". I'm Morgan Laughlin, though it used to have a Mac and then an O' in front of it, before that annoyed my grandpa too much, and he changed it. I am 16, and a quiet highschool student who like to read, play final fantasy crystal chronicles, and is now trying to write a story. Crap, lunch bell.
"Lousy but Loyal" is pretty much the way I'm meant to be.
How 'bout you?
Contributor
Debbie0108
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Debbie Diamond and I just wrote my first romantic novel, "Someone Special For Me." It's a feel good romance book for the holiday. I hope you get a chance to read this. I am 48 years old and have always wanted to write but never got up the courage to do it. Hope you enjoy it if you get a change to get a copy. You can see my site at my site.

www.freewebs.com/someonespecial0801

Comment on my page if you can.

Thanks
Debbie Diamond - Author of "Someone Special For Me"
New User
gwen-dolyn
0 Kudos

Het gwendolyn here I am not completely perfect at writing and I am only a kid really so my books arnt as comp;ictaed and intresting but i am going to try my hardest to be good at writing and someday be an author and share my books with the world so i'll be here alot and answering as best i can and just chatting while i make up ideas and write.
wish me luck!
bye
Gwendolyn Rafter
Frequent Contributor
Morbid_Princess
0 Kudos

Nice to meet you gwen. You sound really young. How old are you?
New User
Uqtipie
0 Kudos

Hello,
This is my first visit. I have been writing poetry for many years. A few have been published. My first novel is now at a publisher to be published. After eight months of query letters, sending synopsis letters and emailing publishers, I found one that would take my work as a first time writer. My first novel has been in the works for about eight years. So many things happened to prevent me from finishing the manuscript. Life got in the way as well as what seemed like hundreds of other things.
I came here to learn from other writers as well as those that love to read. I hope to find some interesting people that have some of the same intrests as myself.

I'd be glad to listen to any ideas anyone has or advice about writing.
Frequent Contributor
Nine-Livingston
0 Kudos

My name is Gia, I'm obviously new here, haha. I am 18 years young, and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I've saved mostly all of my stories that I've written. From my first one about a flower with falling pedals, to a group of woman, either single or getting married, or even a mother with a passion for one night stands.
I really do hope that I will be published one day as a Novelist.
Well all, wish me luck!
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

hi gia. i'm zip!! nice to meet you.:smileyvery-happy:
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
Nine-Livingston
0 Kudos

Hi Zip! Nice to meet you too!