Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Correspondent
dragon560
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎03-02-2009
0 Kudos

Is there a reason, why you started writing

 first of all I'm new to the writing room,but most of  you probably know me from the teen room.

it started with my first book, and after I was done with that book, I felt like it awesome how someone could put all these boring words and make them into something awesomely.:smileytongue:what about you.

 

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"


dragons rock~
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
Posts: 1,162
Registered: ‎01-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

Ah...so I see you've entered the magical realm in which you become skilled at putting ink on paper. There is much to learn, young one, and many, many years to perfect.

 

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

 

For me, I started writing in fifth grade, but decided I liked it and wanted to be an author in fourth. I began writing what soon became a bigger (better) version of the book I am editing now, jumping back and forth between ideas when the came to me and abandoning others when the words just wouldn't fit. All in all, in two years I have become I believe much more defined in my writing skills and have learned a thing or three.

 

I'm not entirely sure why I started writing, though. I guess the passion for it has always been there, inside of me, just waiting to break free.

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
Posts: 493
Registered: ‎04-06-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

[ Edited ]

i've always been a reader but i had stories in my head all the time.

like all kinds of different ones and i thought everyone was like that so i just ignored it until i started writing on teen reads.

and i love it so much.

its so cool.

but yea.

:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by laylapoma on 05-03-2009 02:14 PM
i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Correspondent
dragon560
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎03-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

hey , i'm very good at writing. i know my ABC and how many people do you know that can do that. LoL.

twilight_fanatic_01 wrote:

Ah...so I see you've entered the magical realm in which you become skilled at putting ink on paper. There is much to learn, young one, and many, many years to perfect.

 

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

 

For me, I started writing in fifth grade, but decided I liked it and wanted to be an author in fourth. I began writing what soon became a bigger (better) version of the book I am editing now, jumping back and forth between ideas when the came to me and abandoning others when the words just wouldn't fit. All in all, in two years I have become I believe much more defined in my writing skills and have learned a thing or three.

 

I'm not entirely sure why I started writing, though. I guess the passion for it has always been there, inside of me, just waiting to break free.

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi


 

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"


dragons rock~
Contributor
dk_phoenix
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎05-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

I started writing because I had stories inside of me that needed to be told... simple as that! Some days it's very difficult to get the words out, and other days it's a complete joy. However, at the end of the day, I have to remember that I'm doing something I love - and how many people actually even bother to follow their dreams? Not enough. And so, I continue to write, learn, and grow... I know I still have a long way to go, but every word written is another word closer to publication. :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
Posts: 1,162
Registered: ‎01-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing


dragon560 wrote:
hey , i'm very good at writing. i know my ABC and how many people do you know that can do that. LoL.

twilight_fanatic_01 wrote:

Ah...so I see you've entered the magical realm in which you become skilled at putting ink on paper. There is much to learn, young one, and many, many years to perfect.

 

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

 

For me, I started writing in fifth grade, but decided I liked it and wanted to be an author in fourth. I began writing what soon became a bigger (better) version of the book I am editing now, jumping back and forth between ideas when the came to me and abandoning others when the words just wouldn't fit. All in all, in two years I have become I believe much more defined in my writing skills and have learned a thing or three.

 

I'm not entirely sure why I started writing, though. I guess the passion for it has always been there, inside of me, just waiting to break free.

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi


 


 

Not many, actually. In fact, I have trouble from time to time with all those wretched squigglies! My teachers call me retarded... :-P

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Correspondent
dragon560
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎03-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing


twilight_fanatic_01 wrote:

dragon560 wrote:
hey , i'm very good at writing. i know my ABC and how many people do you know that can do that. LoL.

twilight_fanatic_01 wrote:

Ah...so I see you've entered the magical realm in which you become skilled at putting ink on paper. There is much to learn, young one, and many, many years to perfect.

 

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

 

For me, I started writing in fifth grade, but decided I liked it and wanted to be an author in fourth. I began writing what soon became a bigger (better) version of the book I am editing now, jumping back and forth between ideas when the came to me and abandoning others when the words just wouldn't fit. All in all, in two years I have become I believe much more defined in my writing skills and have learned a thing or three.

 

I'm not entirely sure why I started writing, though. I guess the passion for it has always been there, inside of me, just waiting to break free.

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi


 


 

Not many, actually. In fact, I have trouble from time to time with all those wretched squigglies! My teachers call me retarded... :-P

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi


WoW, I i feel bad for you.LoL:smileyvery-happy:

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"


dragons rock~
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
Posts: 1,162
Registered: ‎01-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

Ack! I hate pity. x-P

 

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
Posts: 411
Registered: ‎11-06-2008

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

[ Edited ]

I started writing because... You know how in your head you can create anything. You can make worlds that are so different and unique just by dreaming. It becomes this place that you would be perfectly happy living in. But my memory isn't the best and frankly I just can't store all of those dreams in my head that way. I wanted to put it onto paper where I could come back to it and add on--make it new, change it up a bit. When I put all that onto paper, it's like something comes alive.

 

I also started just because I love the movement. I don't know what it is, but the motion of writing has almost a calming effect on me. It makes me feel good and content.

Message Edited by Dreamer4ever on 05-04-2009 09:41 PM
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Correspondent
dragon560
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎03-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

WoW, THATS a petty good reason.:smileytongue:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"


dragons rock~
Scribe
redheart52
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎12-25-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing

The reason that i started to write is because it was an escape. Last year is when i got absorbed in writing. I would get so into writing a story that i wished it was real. I wrote poems that were sad but uplifting to make my life seem not so bad. Through my writing i escaped the world and my problems. This year its different. This year i right to remember the good things i have. I don't remember when i started to write i guess when i was little but nothing important that i wrote comes to mind. Last year is when writing became important to me.
Correspondent
dragon560
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎03-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a reason, why you started writing


redheart52 wrote:
The reason that i started to write is because it was an escape. Last year is when i got absorbed in writing. I would get so into writing a story that i wished it was real. I wrote poems that were sad but uplifting to make my life seem not so bad. Through my writing i escaped the world and my problems. This year its different. This year i right to remember the good things i have. I don't remember when i started to write i guess when i was little but nothing important that i wrote comes to mind. Last year is when writing became important to me.

ya, thats cool that you can write poems.  for me thats super hard because i can't understand them.

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"


dragons rock~