Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
DMK52
0 Kudos

Just Breath

[ Edited ]

Stuck in the mud surrounded by quicksand. The beauty of a rose stands tall atop a staff of thorns. 
Love and Hate balances on the razors edge, the breathe of a new born warms an old heart. 

Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow. 

The weight is heavy, at times unbearable, other times breathe is as relaxing as the purple mountains beauty of a perfect sunset. 

The journey long, feet tired and aching, time for side B of this broken record.

The days burn like the embers of the flame, time never slows, never takes a break. I stand, and trust tomorrow is a new day. 

Tomorrow will arrive, tomorrow. Nature, sky and earth gaze upon me, the silence of the wind shouts - Just breath. DMK.

DMK - Author of, From the Ashes, Coming Soon via Solstice Publishing.
Un-Complicate, loosen up, today is a new day if one can release yesterday to the winds.” DMK.
Distinguished Correspondent
Dan_Diego
0 Kudos

Re: Just Breath

I can't tell if you are looking for feedback, but I made a few notes.

-----------------------------

I liked your images.

I looked up "breath" and "breathe."

Breath is a noun, i.e., every breath you take.

Breathe is a verb, i.e., breathe deep the gathering gloom.

There are a few cliches, i.e., razors edge, tomorrow is a new day.

The piece did not tie well together for me, the imagery bounced around.

------------------------------------------------

But it's your writing and it's meaningful to you; that's important.

Thanks for sharing.