Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
True_Prestige
0 Kudos

Looking for readers for my First book

Hello B&N enthusiasts,

My name is Jordan Collins. and I'm getting close to being half way done (long book) of my first book and I'm looking for readers people who can tell me what they think of what they read so far. I've broken the chapters up more to make the read easier and to keep people wishing to read.

The book is Religious Fiction, and its filled with suspense. As well as real world language (slangs/ curse words, profanity) to add to the realism of the book. I don't wish to tell too much about the book because I wish for each person to discover this world independently. this is the first rough draft, so it may be rough at certain areas. so please keep that in mind.    

The title of the book is : "Divpedus" 

Div⋅ped⋅us [dev-eh-dus]

–noun, adjective

1. God’s moving will
  2. Divine will
The book starts off during the night at a party. you are introduced to a character named Adrian Cristiano , he's 25, lives in east Manhattan. he's a self made millionaire off of designing purses which lead to the creation of his own purse company. The first portion of the book is through third person limited view of Adrian. he soon retires for the night after driving home. where his life will change forever...
So with that in mind if any one(s) is/are interested please just reply and we will get the ball moving I will post the first couple paragraphs for an example. Thank you.

The clings and clangs of champagne glasses could be heard from the lavish room as people dressed in their finest attire laughed and embellished one another with conservation.

She stood there in her long slender red dress, perfectly preserving the figure of her body. It was like she was carved by God himself. Her smile radiated the room with a warm and welcoming sensation. Her eyes trapped many in a gaze as her striking brown pools dared you to come near. Her sweet aroma could only magnify her as the center of attention. She was with no flaws; absolute perfection. She was a perfect lie.

He stood there across the room in his midnight black suite that portrayed a tale of mysteriousness as his blood red tie whispered hints of excitement. He was about average height and more over a darker bronze color. People could have easily confused him as being mixed. He had a semi-bulky build, which blended well with his suite. He had been, like most of the other men in the room, fixated on her as she mingled with guests. He was standing off to the side just out of reach of her eyes. 

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for readers for my First book

Sounds interesting!    You kind of get a feel for the people and setting up what could possibly happen next with the descriptions.  You're welcome to post whatever and however much you want, but I would advise (as I have posted things on here as well) that you don't post too much at once.  A lot of people on here are writers too and probably won't read something that is too long.

Welcome to the Board!

Contributor
B_Ry
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for readers for my First book

im in, let me know what i can do to get a copy.