Frequent Contributor
lady_hockey
0 Kudos

Main Character.

Would you rather read and/or write a male or female main character? Why?
~*~Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.~*~
Frequent Contributor
doeyeou2
0 Kudos

Re: Main Character.

When writing a main character, there should be a lot of in depth detail and insight on the character. So a male writer, I believe would be more comfortable writing about a male character.

Of course, a male writer can write in a female's point of view. I think the tendency would be to swing back to the male view. So, it can be done just with a but more of a struggle.

For what it's worth, I think a female writer would have a clearer view of a male character, then a male writer would have on a female character.
Frequent Contributor
historybuff234
0 Kudos

lady_hockey wrote: Would you rather read and/or write a male or female main character? Why?

Well it depends on the story. I am more prone to write a male character, but a good book most of the time has a wommen in it. Of course my books will have wommen in them, they will most of the time be influential. But then I am a guy, so I am more prone to write a male character. And a good writer should be able to write characters that are both men and wommen
The important thing, is to keep the important thing the important thing.
-Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor
Celestial_Skies
0 Kudos

historybuff234 wrote:
And a good writer should be able to write characters that are both men and wommen

I agree totally. It takes more work and research writing the opposite sex but somtimes it gives us a new way of thinking.