Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Meh...I have writer's block

My inspiration for writing is simply gone. I've been trying to find it for a while, but haven't written in days because of my lack of ideas. Anyone have any advice on how to find inspiration???
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

Re: Meh...I have writer's block

Read other books, wtch some movies, or find yourself in a situation and say "hey what would happen if someone did this now?" or sometimes i find myself looking at babynames.com and looking through names until inspiration strikes. hope that helps! don't worry nothing can be as bad as my 6 month writers block!!
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Reading can be a great antidote to writers block. It can be fiction or poetry that inspires you, or something much different to get your mind out of the pattern it's in right now. Also, if you freewrite, you may find yourself gravitating toward something you want to write. To freewrite, set a time limit and write for that entire time. If you run out of things to write--or can think of any to begin with--write the last word you wrote over and over again. The idea is to keep your hands moving. Eventually, you'll grow bored of that and venture into new territory. But keeping yourself at the page (or computer) ensures you won't be distracted by other tasks. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Thank you both for that advice! See, ever since I finished my book and started editing it (problem numero uno, since I can't seem to send it to anyone to critique...grrr, stupid emailing system) I've had this undeniable URGE to write, but I can't seem to find anything to write about!

...Okay. So more like I know what I want to write about, but can't keep my fingers a-typing. But I'm going to try the exercises you guys suggested, and hopefully inspiration will strike, and NOT turn around running in the opposite direction xD