Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Meh...I have writer's block

My inspiration for writing is simply gone. I've been trying to find it for a while, but haven't written in days because of my lack of ideas. Anyone have any advice on how to find inspiration???
"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

Re: Meh...I have writer's block

Read other books, wtch some movies, or find yourself in a situation and say "hey what would happen if someone did this now?" or sometimes i find myself looking at babynames.com and looking through names until inspiration strikes. hope that helps! don't worry nothing can be as bad as my 6 month writers block!!
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Reading can be a great antidote to writers block. It can be fiction or poetry that inspires you, or something much different to get your mind out of the pattern it's in right now. Also, if you freewrite, you may find yourself gravitating toward something you want to write. To freewrite, set a time limit and write for that entire time. If you run out of things to write--or can think of any to begin with--write the last word you wrote over and over again. The idea is to keep your hands moving. Eventually, you'll grow bored of that and venture into new territory. But keeping yourself at the page (or computer) ensures you won't be distracted by other tasks. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Thank you both for that advice! See, ever since I finished my book and started editing it (problem numero uno, since I can't seem to send it to anyone to critique...grrr, stupid emailing system) I've had this undeniable URGE to write, but I can't seem to find anything to write about!

...Okay. So more like I know what I want to write about, but can't keep my fingers a-typing. But I'm going to try the exercises you guys suggested, and hopefully inspiration will strike, and NOT turn around running in the opposite direction xD

"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used