Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love

My Soldier

Well I just saw a commercial for the Military, so I thought I would write a poem about it! It is not my best, and I dont really like this one. I dont know why I am posting it... Oh well here goes.

My Soldier

My cherry red lips

Press firmly to the cross.

Your face is imprinted -sketched-

Your arms around me, whispering in

My ear.

Your hugs... Your kisses

torn away; is the feeling.

One bullet. then Two.

A soldier you stand.

Solute you do.

You leave me.

TAKEN

away-from me.

I can never hide it-

That pain in my chest.

-/i collapse/-

agony takes over.

I scream at them.

/their blood in my hands/

:their LIVES i have taken:

Forever My Love,

Rest My Soldier.

Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Re: My Soldier

that literally almost made me cry because i have really good friends in the military.
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

it is very touching maybe more adjectives and salute is spelled with an a not an o but otherwise it is well written
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

you're awesome..your poem's so good..loved it! :smileyhappy:
http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

wowsy.