Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Winch
0 Kudos

My finished manuscript - who want's a crack at it?

Hello all.  Well, I'm a chapter away from being finished with the first draft of my novel, Those Last Days.  It's going to be approximately 75,000 words (that's about the size of the first Harry Potter, for a reference).  It's a religious sci-fi/fantasy set in a semi-futuristic world, focusing more on nature and inner peace than on the technology, chaos, and corruption going on around the protagonist.  Of everything I've read, it actually reminds me the most of H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds.  

That said, I'm a firm believer that the more eyes that see a manuscript before the publisher/agent, the better.  So if you would like to help me out by reading it and commenting/critiquing, I would appreciate it.  Feel free to help in whatever way you're best at.  If you focus more on the big picture and plot of a story, comment on that.  If your interest is in the believability of the characters and dialogue, let me hear it.  If you're a grammar-nazi, that's great too.  Just shoot me an email address to send it to, or if you're afraid of broadcasting that, we can work something else out.  Thanks in advance!

Oh, and I'm not really worried about sending it out and getting it ripped off.  I did the whole "mail it to myself with the date on it-copyright trick."  Plus, I know none of you would ever think of doing something like that. :smileyhappy:

Only by His Grace,
ℜ. ₩inch
Frequent Contributor
LocoDuc
0 Kudos

Re: My finished manuscript - who want's a crack at it?

I would love to help you out. PM me to set up transfer. I also have a few sites in my favorites for self-publishing if you would like those too. You Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award is something you could look into too, but it needed to be in by Midnight. 

Manuscript submissions are now being accepted through February 7, 2010, at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Eastern Standard Time), or when 5,000 entries have been received in each category, whichever is earlier. At amazon.com/b?node=332264011

Adam Santo
Author of the Temperature Trilogy

I'm a PubIt! Author! Buy my book on BN.com

Frequent Contributor
Winch
0 Kudos

Great!  Thanks a lot, LocoDuc.  I'll get back to you in a month or so when its ready to be sent out.

Only by His Grace,
ℜ. ₩inch
Reader 4
csherwin
0 Kudos

Sure!  I'll let you know what I think.

Frequent Contributor
Winch
0 Kudos

Thanks csherwin.  Like I told locoduc, I'll message you when I get the rough draft finished in a month or so!

Only by His Grace,
ℜ. ₩inch
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I'd love to tell you what I think about what you wrote. For what you wrote about it, it sounds amazing already. :smileytongue:

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
New User
tiffy36
0 Kudos

I'd love to read it maybe you'd copuld do the same for me when I finish mine in the far future

New User
True_Prestige
0 Kudos

I am as well interested. I will pm you my e-mail.

Contributor
Kyrazin_My_World
0 Kudos

Thanks i would be hounerd to read your manuscript

Frequent Contributor
LocoDuc
0 Kudos

Glad to see your getting so many responses. Might get the manuscript out pretty fast at this rate.

Adam Santo
Author of the Temperature Trilogy

I'm a PubIt! Author! Buy my book on BN.com

Frequent Contributor
Winch
0 Kudos

Thanks, everyone, for the offers!   I will definitely use all of you, eventually.  I'm constantly reworking what I have, so it's good to have fresh eyes for fresh work.  I'll PM you when I feel my writing is ready.

Only by His Grace,
ℜ. ₩inch
Contributor
squid_ink
0 Kudos

Ooh! I really want to read it! I'll send you my email. . 

-DRS

Contributor
squid_ink
0 Kudos

nvm... i don't know how to send it to you. . .here's my email, i don't use it much.

funkiefresh@ymail.com

-DRS