Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

My poem:)

When i was a child i wore my skin

Much to small for me to fit in

and as an adult i grew and grew

shedding my skin fresh and anew

shiny red perfect skin just as if i was born again

i wore my skin with pride and joy

like a child with a brand new toy

and as the years passed

i never once let my eyes wander to the once perfect skin

withered and hanging from the bone within

and as death took me

i let a single tear fall from my perfect eye

((Umm..This just popped into my head one night.What do you think?)) 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Frequent Contributor
A.Tross
0 Kudos

Re: My poem:)

I like everything except the last line; I don't know, it just doesn't fit.

I'm just wondering- is it a changeling or something? Sorry, a fantasy person tends to analyze things this way lol

*I am no poet.
Yet the words bite, scream, and scratch within me, until I release them from their imprisonment, forever stained in black and white.*
Yeah, I said it.
Contributor
just-me23
0 Kudos

I loved it but i have to agree the last line..change that and itll be amazing. truely different
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Ditto. I liked the poem, but the last line could've been better. But heck, poetry is for getting your thoughts/feelings down in stanzas! So who am I to critique it?

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi