Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

My story: Please comment!

Hey people!

I know, I haven't posted a story or anything forever... Sorry. But... I have been working on a story, LexieVamp(alexis) and I have been Writing Buddies and sending each other our work. The story that I'm working on now is about... Well here's the plot that I sent to Alexis:

It's about a girl (name not chosen) and her mother is extremely depressed.  So depressed that she tried to hang herself.  The girls step-father caught her mother (his wife) trying to do this and he decided to take her to a Treatment center to get some help.  It turns out the mother is a little mentally insane, and it's worse than she thought.

Yeah, I know its kind of jumbled around but here is one that I'm writing right now:

Ambrosia (aka Rosie) is the daughter of a mentally insane woman. Or so it seems that way. Rosie's mother was caught trying the kill herself, because she is depressed. When Steve (Rosie's step-father) caught his wife and her mother trying to do such a thing he drove her to a Treatment center. She would stay there for a month or so to heal. The mother is just not crazy... she's truly mentally insane.

I already have a few pages written and I was going to post it, but I thought it might be...uh...well...you know...for some people and I don't want to make them read it if they don't want to or have it posted because they may know someone that did something like that or close to it and I don't want to hurt anyone.

So do you guys want to read something like this? Not like buy it offa shelf, I mean on here. Although, if you would/would not buy it please tell me! xD Anyway, thank you for taking your time to read this!

Happy Thansgiving!!!!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Brandi_R

Re: My story: Please comment!

Yes, post it!

Many readers find strength and healing in stories that they can relate to so personally. And, of course, there will be plenty of people who won't relate to the situation, but could relate to the feelings of confusion and isolation the main character may have.

If you're worried about people being uncomfortable with the subject matter, feel free to write up a little warning at the very beginning of your post.

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Thanks Brandi!  I never really thought it could help other people relate... yes I still am a little worried about people being worried about the story, so I will put a warning up. Thanks again Brandi! I'll post the first page right now! I hope you like it! :smileyhappy:

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Woo Hoo!

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Haha! That really made me laugh! =D

By the way for anyone else that reads this, I'm sorry about the subject of this thread. You probably thought that it was a story... sorry! :smileyhappy:

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

You fooled us! But at least you described your story and didn't just post, say, a grocery list. Okay, I'm to look for the post with the actual story.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: Cool!