Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Book_Girl14

Party (a poem)

Ok I wrote this in a rush...so not very good. Criticism please!

The music pounded,

Twenty bodies danced in the center.

The shimmering ball hung above, mirrors rounded,

The people are here to get out, and let the music enter.

Got dressed up so no one could see their feelings,

Got together with friends so they could vent.

Moving their hips and throwing their hands to the ceiling,

Driving around in a limousine, not worrying it’s just a rent.

The vibe of a party is addictive,

Drinking, not having a care in the world.

Chatting about nothing but everything attractive.

Partying is fun, dancing till your hair comes uncurled.

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Re: Party (a poem)

TWO THUMBS UP! VERY GOOD!

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Contributor
KaseyJean
0 Kudos

Great job! This poem brought a smile to my face :smileyhappy: It is nice to read such a positive and fun poem every once in awhile. Keep it up!

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!! Yeah I have been writing downing poems a lot. I was just listening to music while I was writing and a really good song came on and I just thought, "why don't I write something happier this time?" Lol so I did! :smileyhappy: