Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
simple_girl

Poetry

Since poetry seems to be the theme I thought I would throw another of mine out there.

Goodbye

Each day gives way to a restless night.

Every morning the frost fears the light.

Just as the pianist strikes his final note.

Or the cry of a child is but too remote.

Love, prayer and pain hold truth in these dark times.

Must everyone pay for someone else’s crimes?

Say goodbye to a loved one as the day closes.

For tomorrow there will be only a casket of roses.

Close your eyes now and sleep, only darkness to fear.

As the night gives way to morning you will have cried all your tears.

Copyright © 2009

"It is not what we say or feel that makes us what we are. It is what we do or fail to do."
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Re: Poetry

Wow, those words hit me hard. Thanks for posting it. I liked "Just as the pianist strikes his final note" I don't know why but it seems so...final. :smileyhappy: I loved it. The way you described the different things really spoke to me.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

To put it simply....I loved it!! Why i loved it well...because it is so true. I love poetry and i love it even more when its truthful and dipicts the truth of life. Great job!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

Two words: very true. :smileyhappy: Loved it!
"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
simple_girl
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback. I am currently trying to get my poems published and knowing that they are liked helps me overcome the fear of putting them out there for millions to read.
"It is not what we say or feel that makes us what we are. It is what we do or fail to do."
Contributor
SLCSim
0 Kudos

I really did enjoy this poem immensely. I absolutly loved the line, "Must everyone pay for someone else's crime's." Looking forward to reading more of your work.
simple_girl
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone! I am currently trying to publish some of the poems I have posted on here and without your support I probably wouldn't have. Oh and SLCSim, I am from Utah too and I am looking forward to reading more of your work as well. Thanks again!