Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cowboysurfer

Reflection

I had a very strange dream the other night so I decided to write a poem about it. Feel free to criticize.

Reflection:

To view her from behind

While her eyes bore into mine.

Her lips a grin in the mirror

urge me to draw nearer.

I reach to stroke her hair

yet my fingers grasp only air.

The strong invisible shield

does not want to yield.

I try to call her name;

My eyes begin to flame.

For then I came to see

That I had ceased to be

And was only the reflection in the mirror. 

From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire - Frost
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

Re: Reflection

I love that poem! And to think you it's from your dream? Amazing!! :smileyhappy: Loved it. :smileywink:
"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Wow! And you say this poem came from a dream? Amazing.
"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Wow...that was very...hmm...can't even think of the word to describe it with. I loved how it flowed. It was so thoughtful. It, to me, was extremely quiet and yet at the same time really loud. I don't know why...

Very impressive!!

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Contributor
cowboysurfer
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the feedback! I really appricate it!

This was actually the first poem that I have ever shared publicly; ususally I just share them with my close friends and family. I guess seeing all of yall sharing your work made gave me the courage to do so as well! So Thanks!

As for the dream, it was a very wierd and disturbing dream. In it I came up behind my fiancee while she was looking into the mirror. I could see my self in the mirror and could see my relfelction doing all the things that I was doing but then I came to realize that I was just the refelction and my physical body was no longer present. It was a bit unsettling. 

From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire - Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Weird dream. That would be really strange. Thought provoking.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain