Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love

Safe.

SAFE 

raindrop falls upon the leaf

making it dip slightly southward

the roses surrounding the green

catch and hold on to the moisture

gripping it like we grip love

how reality leaves us

how when something hits us

it makes us go down

tumbling

we may come back up

but for that instant

we fall

our closest friends

help pick up the pieces

bring us back together

and we start anew

like 40 days

and 40 nights

of cleansing

only the arc can protect us

make us safe after

so long of being

scared

Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Re: Safe.

great gob:robothappy::smileyhappy::womanhappy::manhappy:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Correspondent
KayleeShay
0 Kudos

Very good!! I love it (:
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith." -Timothy 4:12
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

You love your imagery and i love your poems!! I loved how you say that we fall but our closest friedns help pick up the pieces and put us back together. It is so true. I know from expereince. I liked how you started it off with a raindrop but then start describing a feeling of protection. It gives a new meaning to the raindrops and roses. Great Job!