Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ToriSky16

Second Poem

I wrote this one in about five minutes, so lemme know what you think and if it's any good. Thanks! 

Ink

Delving deep within my soul, like a drug coursing through my veins

The ink runs deep within my blood

Filling the cracks that fester within

With the pain comes the healing

Forever residing it’s permanence on my flesh

In that moment the world drifts away

The worries are gone and pain is forgotten

Memories of experience, feeling, pain, or pleasure forever mark the surface

Joy in the sounds of permanence

This is a new beginning

The blood that courses bring new light

Remember who you are

Remember who you were

Let the art envelop your soul

For art is beauty

This is living Art

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Re: Second Poem

wow..that is sooo awesome, well written! how old are you?? have you been writing poems (or stories) a lot?? 2 thumbs up!! :smileyvery-happy:
http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Hey, this poem is really good because of the diction you use. The strong words bring to life your poem and makes your poem flow better. I also liked your simile in the beginining line and you related it to the rest of your poem which made it fit nicely. For your second poem i am impressed. It is great. Keep writing you are wonderous with your words. =)
Contributor
ToriSky16
0 Kudos

I'm 22, and actually I haven't been much of a writer until now. That's only the second poem I've ever written, and other than that, I've just mainly written for school assignments. My family kept telling me I should go into writting, so I'm trying to branch out and see if I have what it takes. Thank you!
Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

wow...you should definitely write more..you have an awesome talent! :smileyhappy:
http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Contributor
ToriSky16
0 Kudos

Well thank you! :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
JamieScott
0 Kudos

I really like that because it's true.  Art completely heals.  I feel like my history is changed when I write about it.  Because I think about it entirely differently and can put a new spin on it.  Very interesting.  Keep writing!  :smileyhappy: 
...everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath