Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01

Some Hearts

Some Hearts

You told me you                                       loved me, told me

I was the girl for you,                              that there was no one but

me, could never be another.                    Called me beautiful as you'd

caress my hair with you finger                tips, send electrifying jolts of

excitement through my veins, made me    believe that, even when I'd

look in the mirror and doubt        what you'd say, these words were

true. But then, just as I began         to feel it too, you let me fall, a

glass vase against concrete,    shattered me entirely. You say

you loved me, that there could    never be another girl-

and yet I caught you serving        it up hot 'n‘ steady

to a bleach-blond I never even   knew that you

knew, threw all our     moments together

aside like they   didn't even matter.

Do you know   how much I still

cry over that   fated day? Do

you realize that    some

hearts    just can't

take    this

kind  of

hu  rt?

Copyright © of 2009

Inspired Correspondent
passi0nate_1
0 Kudos

Re: Some Hearts

i seriously love this poem. its deep and interesting and has the right amount of descriptiveness to it.
Music is the cure.
I am the addiction.