Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Memnochx
0 Kudos

Some many people read but don't write what they think?

I don't understand people take the time to read something but don't give any kind of feed back. A person will have like 80 views and only like 3 replies. What is up with that. Don't be lazy write something saying either you liked it or you hated it. Really simple this helps us writers to see what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

So don't be lazy and write something!!!
Photobucket
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Re: Some many people read but don't write what they think?

Its so funny because i was just thinking that same thing today i was going to write the same message hahaha! Great minds think alike. But really I mean I know not everyone can comment on everything but if you do take the time to read something reply its just good like you said to have some feedback. I believe that's want most of use are here for.
TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

You will be my new message buddy!! hahaha i will try to reply to whatever you post!
TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Frequent Contributor
Oceandweller777
0 Kudos

I'm an advocate of "if you read it, comment" but I don't always comment.  Sometimes I don't have time to leave a comment and other times I don't really feel qualified to leave a comment.  If its something out of my normal areas, I read it over and think about it.  If its something within my areas I leave a comment, but they require thought and analysis and sometimes I don't really want to put the effort in. 
    My posts can have 80 readers and no comments.  It does bother me, but you have to remember that most people don't believe in the "tough love" thoughts.
    You can say that you want criticism and "scathing reviews," but few people will be the mean ones.  I try, maybe not mean, but a hard criticism if the work deserves it. 
    There are people on here that don't post their work for peer review.  There are also visitors who are checking out the page. 
    Just because your work doesn't get commented on, you really don't have the right to complain. 
    I agree with you that 80 reads and 3 comments is frustrating, but you can't force people to leave a post for everything they read.
    Also add in the fact that you write dark/fantasy works and poems.  A lot of people will check it out, but when the see it has vampyres in it, they get turned off. 
    The room has an ever changing demographic.  You have the high school students and even middle school students.  The Aspiring from colleges.  The reborn who have lived their life and are either starting writing or those returning to it.  The Older (29 - 108 yr olds) who are working out their stories.  And you have the published. 
     Include the fact that people don't come here everyday and you have so many people will check out your works, feel unqualified, the overqualified or just taking a peek and it accounts for the numbers.
     Thats the choice we get here.  Read and/or comment. 
     Yes, it bothers me.  But so does global warming.
~Phill
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

I also agree with you Phill, I guess it is just the 80 views and nothing. I do try to comment on most things (if they spark my interest i guess). Hahaha global warming is a whole other story hehehe

Alicia Maria
Frequent Contributor
peculiarbelle
0 Kudos

Geez Louise! Temper! Well, I remember I have commented a few of your poems, when I understand them. Sometimes I read a lot of these poems/stories when I have my hour break in between classes and I don't have much time to go into depth about what I felt about the writing. As was said in other threads, it's not the money or anything that authors write for, it's for people to read your work.

Memnochx wrote:
I don't understand people take the time to read something but don't give any kind of feed back. A person will have like 80 views and only like 3 replies. What is up with that. Don't be lazy write something saying either you liked it or you hated it. Really simple this helps us writers to see what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

So don't be lazy and write something!!!

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself."
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Cmon now. Ive been a member for a while now, and this is probably the most number of posters in this board. So its good because more and more people are participating in the writing room. Me id really prefer to get to know the person behind the work. I like understanding something that way. I like good long conversations.

Anyway im off topic.  I do that too. There are posts here that I simply cannot relate to,. Im not as into writing as you guys, im more of an artist. So I cant give much tips on punctuation, etc, the technical side of writing,

I do like reading the poems that are posted here.

Ill get board with a long drawling chapter about two boys in the wood.s or about history. Ugh no.

But  anyway I get your point. I don’t like it when a lot views a thread I put up , but its cool if they dotn reply to it. They’re just I dunno, not interested? And I don’t want to talk to people like that. I just wont bother with non sense replies.

Its ok dear! You got us! I will reply to your every comment! ;o

o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Contributor
Darcy_Andries
0 Kudos

Sometimes I don't have anything to add to what has already been said.

Sometimes I don't want to be honest about what I think--if you can't say anything nice...

You must also remember that you're not required to be a member to read the posts--only to post.

Darcy Andries