Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

The Colors of Spring (a poem)

The wind whips my hair around my shoulders,

And stings my eyes with icy drops of rain.

My horse breaths hard, his nostrils flare

Showing the delicate red inside,

A bright contrast to the gray road.

The three beats of his gallop ring through the night.

I tangle my figures through his long mane,

Golden like the sun rising to greet us.

The sun throws raises of light onto the new spring grass

And sparkles on the small streams fed by the melting snow

From the mountain peaks towering above us.

I take a deep breath in the smells are rich around me.

The smell of horse, indescribable but amazing

The small of pine, spicy and sweet,

The smell of flowers, sweet and beautiful,

The smell of dirt, damp and musty.

I look around me and I see,

My fine horse beneath me golden like a sunrise

My red silk dress, stained by the rain

The flowers blowing in waves like the sea,

But with the colors of a rainbow,

The mountains on the horizon, the way I am headed,

The sky so blue and light so wonderful.

I heel my horse faster and faster till we fly like the colors of spring.      

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Re: The Colors of Spring (a poem)

Great verb choices in this poem--whips, stings, tangle. They're strong and specific and contribute to creating a solid image in the reader's mind. Great work!

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com