Distinguished Wordsmith
TylerAE
0 Kudos

The Secret epilogue

Epilogue

“Yeah, I know, I'm sorry.” I said into my cell phone.

“I can't believe you’re missing our kid’s birthday! You know how much it means to them when your home.”

“I know, I know. And I'm sorry! I feel guilty.”

“You should.”
“I can't help it Ashley. I'm sorry. It's my job. I promise I'll be back tonight.”
She sighed and said: “I know. I know.”
“Tell Taylor and Aidan happy birthday and that I love them all right?”
“All right.”
“I love you. Bye.”
“Bye.”
I hung up the phone and plopped down in a chair. The last time I was at the Quebec

Airport I saved the world. Memories flooded through my head. I quickly dismissed them, not needing to have a flashback moment as I usually did in my nightmares.

"Flight nine to Los Angeles now boarding."

It was time to go home. I finally boarded the plane and put my suitcase in the overhead compartment when I saw a blonde women having trouble with her bag.

“Do you need some help?”
            “Oh, thanks Ty.”
            “How did you—”

She looked at me. Her blonde hair was longer than I remembered. She was tanner than I remembered too. Her eyes though, were still bright ocean blue.

They say that time travel is impossible. That people can't change. That time will never stop.

“They” are wrong. Taylor had traveled through time. She did change. Time did stop. If Taylor wouldn’t have sacrificed herself, the world would be frozen. And you, reader, would be stuck in the same place in the same time.

Taylor and I ended up sitting next to each other on that flight. We talked the entire time, not stopping to catch our breath. She told me how she lived in a house in Capitola on the beach with her husband, Shane, and her twins Kaylynn and Tyler. She said that when she came to the future, she skipped thirty years of her life.  

She was a journalist and was, ironically, writing a story on Actinium Industries. I told her I lived in Los Angeles with my wife, Ashley, my son, Aidan, and my daughter Taylor. I told her I was an author and I was writing a novel about two kids trying to saving to save the world.

It started like this: “They were coming, I knew it. But none of that mattered anymore. I finally saw it. We marched on in the snow; it was coming down like hail. There were buildings towering high above us, and busy streets filled with people. We rushed onward toward a particular building. I knew that inside, was the power that was controlling everything. It was the key.”

We pretty much discussed our life stories for the majority of the plane ride. I was fascinated. She had been through so much and it felt unreal. One question kept popping in my mind, but I tried to suppress it.

“We will now be descending to Los Angeles. Thank you for flying with us.”

I guess that the flight was over. My eager smile slowly drooped, and faded as we lowered in altitude. I wanted this moment to never end, even though I knew that Taylor and I would keep in touch. I should ask her now. I hesitantly decided in my mind.

“Taylor, if you skipped thirty years of your life—then where’s the Diamond?”

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: The Secret epilogue

TylerAE, the epilogue caught me by surprise.  Well, Taylor and Tyler did reunite on an airplane.  Ty even named one of his daughters, Taylor.  Taylor still exists!

This is a great epilogue!

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"