Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
AMORA

This is a story that just came to me and I want to now what you guys think about it

Casred stood as still as he could, sweat beaded his brow if he were caught the guillotine would be calling his name. He had been sloppy, the prison guard was supposed to be gone yet Casred heard him taunting the prisoners. Time was against him, though ever since he first opened his eyes it had been against him but now even more so.

Horrid thoughts ran through Casred's head as he neared the dungeon step by step. His hand started to bleed from gripping the stone wall,wincing in pain he whipped his hand on his trousers.

Now or never,casred thought trying to reason with himself without much success. Casred inched closer to peer around the dungeon wall. The guard sat on a chair which was the only thing in the room except for the three prisoners who hung from chains.

I've got to do this,gulping Casred took out bottle and then a roll after putting a few drops form the bottle on the roll, he walked into the room. He was taken back by the smell of urine and rotten food. This was the tricky part ,the morning guard could not see his face or his plan would be blown,that was the importance of him sneaking down to the dungeon. If no one saw him they good never trace him to what he was about to do.

Walking up to the guard Casred tapped on his shoulder. The guard turned around , he lacked any features on his face which made him look just like any other commoner, if Casred had the guard's appearance it would have sure helped him in this case.

"What do you want you little brat" the guard demanded.

Casred just held out the roll, talking was a negative, his voice just happened to be very rememberable and Casred could not risk being discovered.

"Ah,that look good,is it from the kitchen,say thanks will you" the guard said grabbing the roll from Casred's palm.

Casred left the room then stopped and stood against the wall.Come on this is taking to long, the sleeping medicine should have kicked in by now,Casred thought impatiently.

Hearing a thud Casred walked back into the room to see the morning guard was sound a sleep on the ground.

"Yes it worked"Casred said quietly but with mirth.

Walking over to the guard Casred rolled him over,where is are the keys,he half screamed It in his mind as he searched the man's pockets his hands shaking .Aha,he thought as he pulled the keys out of the guards left pocket.The lady who gave me the sleeping medicine said it would last half an hour if she was truthful,the words ran through Casred's mind as he stood. For the first time Casred realized that he was in the middle of a dungeon break and he was the one who planed it...

Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Re: This is a story that just came to me and I want to now what you guys think about it

AMORA wrote:

This was the tricky part ,the morning guard could not see his face or his plan would be blown,that was the importance of him sneaking down to the dungeon.

Great tension! I'm eager to keep reading to find out what will happen. The tension skyrocketed for me when I read this line. Such intrigue.

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Contributor
AMORA
0 Kudos

Re: This is a story that just came to me and I want to now what you guys think about it

I am so glad you liked it:catvery-happy:

I was so eager to see what people would say about it

I cannot wait to write more

Thanks much!