Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love

(Trying To) Write a Book

Okay, I'm working on writing a book.

It's about a girl who has a dark secret. She doesn't want anyone to know about her mysterious past. She had lived in Alaska, with her brother and sister. But when she moved to New York City, they weren't with her. What exactly happened to them? Is what everyone is wondering at her high school downtown. Rose(the main character) stays away from everyone. She eats by herself and walks alone. Everyone stares, she thinks it is because she is a freak. But, honestly, she is gorgeous. Why is she so pretty? And what is her problem? No one gets her. But when her brother shows up in New York City, what does it mean? And, is it really her brother?

(please comment)

Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Inspired Contributor
Writergirl777
0 Kudos

Re: (Trying To) Write a Book

Sounds cool! I'd love to hear more!
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

i think its great but i hope you explan more in your book. not to be mean :smileytongue:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
New User
firebush
0 Kudos

Well..... Of course she will explain more in the book do you expect her to reveal the whole story in one paragraph......puuuhhleeeasse
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Hmm, sounds intriguing. I hope you don't leave us hanging for too long. 
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

OOOH!!!!! that sound like it would be really cool!!! :smileyhappy:
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
aidyn_loves_miguel
0 Kudos

That sounds good. i hope it's published because i'd love to read it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cuz I gotta couple dents in my fender. Gotta couple rips in my jeans. Try to fit the pieces together, but perfection is my enemy! On my own i'm so clumsy, but on your shoulders i can see... I'm free to be me!- Francesca Battistelli