Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BlackRabbit
0 Kudos

What is the main room of a medieval inn called?

Title says it all... I'm stuck for the word. Oh, come on, like that never happened to you!

Help...

BR
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Re: What is the main room of a medieval inn called?

[ Edited ]
parlour or foyer? Those are probably too modern, to be honest
Or maybe "something hall"

Message Edited by tigerlilly on 11-03-2007 08:49 PM
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
HoplessRomantic
0 Kudos

I asked your question in my fav search engine "Ask.com" The fabulous Tiger Lilly was correct. The main room of a medieval inn is a Hall. Spruce it up with a cool name and you got it. ie. Pemberly Hall. (P&P)
Aspen
â It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.â Said by Mrs. Bennet in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

I'm right?

**looks confused**

Now, there's something that doesn't happen everyday! I feel like I should celebrate
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
HoplessRomantic
0 Kudos

tigerlilly wrote:
I'm right?

**looks confused**

Now, there's something that doesn't happen everyday! I feel like I should celebrate

YES you are... You guessed it would probably be "Something" Hall. :smileyhappy: I'll get the champaigne you get the caviar!
â It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.â Said by Mrs. Bennet in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

**pops the cork on champaigne bottle**

"Here's to...well, me, and my suprising brilliance!"
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

Perhaps the phrase which you are searching for is entitled "mead hall"...
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy: