Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Who is your hero and why??

Who is the person you look up to? Is it your mom or dad? friend? Famous person? or even a stranger? I'm curious.

My hero is a band, Disturbed. Their music helped me through tough times and when i went to one of their concerts i met my boyfriend. I was wondering who is your hero and why???

Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Re: Who is your hero and why??

This girl I met one day. Despite everything she'd been through- rape, miscarriage, self injury, and more- she managed to be happy and live her live fully. She inspired me to go on when times got hard. =) 
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Lance Armstrong, because he's just so dang amazing, has overcome cancer, and all that great stuff. And I want to do an IronMan triathalon one day, so he's a huge influence for me to never give up and to strive for the impossible, even though, turns out, it isn't that impossible after all.
"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Han Solo.

lol

because he rocks! and i love him!!! haha poor harrison ford.. im like a stalker... :smileysad:

thats ok... hes my hero anyway! hah

uhhmn if i had to pick someone who didnt come from george lucas's head [george lucasa is incredible as well!!!] i would pick my friend erica. cuz she is hilarious, and creative. she is an amazing artist too, she is awesome! hah 

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love
0 Kudos

My hero is most definitely Sarah Palin.

She is so inspiring. She is brave, courageous, strong, and faithful. She ran for GOP Vice President, didn't win, but still got up, and now she is stronger than ever. Her 18 year old daughter had a baby, and she didn't abandon her. She still helps her through everything. She is faithful to her family and her very important job. People say she deserved losing, and she should go back to Alaska, but they just don't get her. She never does and never will give up. She is so strong, through hard times and bad. She inspires me every single day. I hope one day I can be like her. I hope I can fight like she does. I wish  I could be as brave as she is. Most of all, she is an amazing woman, and I know she will make a difference.

Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Contributor
broken--wings
0 Kudos

my hero/idol is tokio hotel (more specifically, bill kaulitz). [:

a lot of people are like "wtf why?" well they mean a lot to me. they helped me get through really tough times and their lyrics are amazing, beautiful, and inspiring. they're an amazing band and they can always relate to me or make me laugh.

bill kaulitz is my idol because he's different and not afraid to be different. he doesn't want to be like the rest and that inspires me. [: he thinks of his fans more than himself because he writes about fan problems a lot to let them know he's out there and he knows and we're not alone. <3 [:

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

broken--wing thats exactly how i feel about Disturbed. They helped my through tough times and their lyrics are inspiring. People don't understand the power of music. =) btw...tokio hotel is amazing.
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

My hero is my mom because she's there for me no matter what, and she's everything I want to be when I grow up.

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae