Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

Why Dream?

I wrote this poem when I doubted everything especially my dreams. Hope you like it.

I shoot for the stars trying to chase my dreams
All the while I feel I'm bursting at my seams
One day I'm happy up higher than I'll ever be
The next I find myself falling deep into the dark blue sea
Drowning what emotions that are left inside of me

Happiness comes and surrounds me like the wind
But sadness and doubt comes right on in
Leaving me feeling more lonely than I've ever been
Why does sadness come and steal all my dreams
Leaving me doubting myself or so it may seem

The sadness overwhelms me each day I awake
Erasing every step and breath that I take
Leaving not a trace of what was, what is or what can be
Leaving me empty, setting me free from all of life's misery

Do not dream for dreams are just that
Dreams can become nightmares that cause you to doubt
Just live your life as best as you can, be happy with what you've got
Make the best of life's plan
Dreams are okay when you're asleep
But they are no good when your awake
They will just steal the very breath you take.

"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Distinguished Correspondent
simple_girl
0 Kudos

Re: Why Dream?

I loved it! Everyone feels like that at least once in their life if not millions of times. You have captured the feelings of anguish and dispare and turned them into a poem that we can all relate.
"It is not what we say or feel that makes us what we are. It is what we do or fail to do."
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

I totally agree. It can be hard to seperate dream from reality and you portray the emotions very well. Great job!  :smileyhappy:

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

Thanks. That's actually what I want you to see. That not all dreams are good, they can sometimes turn into nightmares.
Correspondent
Laura_McGuffin
0 Kudos

A wonderful poem that I can definetly relate to and probably everyone else can too.  It's nice to now I'm not alone.
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

I know that feeling-feeling that there's always kind of people where you can share each of your thoughts.:smileyhappy: It's so nice.