Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom

WildCats: The Dawn Of WildBlaze

Moonlight shone down on the forest as Fawn lead the pound cats and her mate, River, to a stream. Just the day before, they had all exscaped the pound lead by an old tom that went by the name of Thorn, but he wanted to go his own way, so now Fawn was left to lead the group into the forest to safety.

Fawn stopped and turned to face the group.

"We'll stop here to get a drink and rest. Tomorrow hopefully we'll find a safe place to live."

The cats spread out to find materials to make nests to sleep in for the night, while others went and drank, lapping the water up and licking their whiskers.

"This water tastes wonderful!" purred a orange tabby tom.

"I know, it tastes so much better than the pound water," mewed a silvery she-cat, " and now that we're free, I can't wait to hunt!"

Curling up in her nest, Fawn was glad that they were free from the pound. So much death had occured there, it made her never want to go back. Yawning she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
P.S. Thank you if you ever give any of my stories a Laurel:smileywink: It encourages me when someone else likes it, not just myself.
Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

When Fawn woke, she searched for four other cats to go hunting with her. Soon enough she found four willing cats; Scorch, a fiery red tom, Ember, a grey she-cat, Rock, a black tom, and Moon, a silvery she-cat.

Together they stalked through the unfamiliar forest territory and found a perfect spot to hunt. Starlings chattered in the tree tops, while a squirrel searched on the grassy ground for acorns.

Signaling with her tail, Fawn and Moon stalked toward the squirrel, while Rock and Scorch climbed into the trees, leaving Ember to keep lookout for any predators.

Whispering, Fawn explained to Moon what her plan was.

" I'll sneak up on the squirrel and ambush it from behind. I'll have you sneak over to those bushes, so If it spots me and runs you can try to catch it."  nodding to Fawn, Moon snuck off to the bushes and carefully waved her tail to signal Fawn that she was ready. Bunching her hind legs up, she sprang forward running as fast as she could up to the squirrel. As she reached out for its tail, it dartted straight into Moon's bush. A loud cry followed, and Moon came out dragging with her the squirrel.

"Nice job, Moon." Fawn praised.

"But it was teamwork that won us this catch." Moon replied. She then took her prey over to Ember.

"let's get see how the toms are doing." Fawn suggested.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
P.S. Thank you if you ever give any of my stories a Laurel:smileywink: It encourages me when someone else likes it, not just myself.
Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Stalking through the trees silently, Scorch and Rock listened sharply for any near by starlings.

"Stop," Rock whispered, putting his paw to scorch's chest to stop him from walking,"There, look under that tree." Pointing his black paw to an old oak. dirrectly under that oak tree were five starlings searching for food.

"I have a plan." Scorch purred silently. " We can ambush the starlings from both sides so they won't know where to fly. They're stupid birds, so the idea of flying Up may not occur to them when two cats are running at them from both sides." nodding, Rock went off to the right, leaving Scorch to head to the left.

Placing paw after paw quietly was hard, since excitment was coursing through Scorch. He coudn't wait to ambush the starlings. He hadn't hunted since he had gotten caught by the pound four moons ago.

Once Rock was in position, he signaled with his tail and scorch replied by signaling back.

Alright here we go! Scorch purred to himself as he and Rock pelted foward. Starlings started chirping and squealing in alarm, looking for a place to fly away. But they were to late, cause by the time they had opened their wings Rock and Scorch had landed on two and were delivering to killing bite.

"That went better than expected." Rock purred while licking his whiskers.

"Yeah, let's get this prey to Ember and meet up with Fawn and Moon if they're still hunting. Hopefully all our prey together will be enough to feed all the cats in the group for now." Scorch meowed to Rock as they carried their kills toward Ember.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

"Looks like you hunted good as well." Ember purred softly, "Moon and Fawn caught a squirrel and now we'll have two starlings to add to that. They've decided to go hunt a little more. Three pieces of prey isn't much."

Pointing with her tail towards a tall dark green tree, she said, "You should be able to find them by that tree. That's where they headed." Ember meowed.

"Okay, thanks." Scorch replied

Dipping his head to Ember, he and Rock headed off for the tree. As they got closer, they could hear the rustling of something small.

"Let's stop here, it sounds like I can hear a mouse." Rock whispered.

"Okay." Scorch meowed softly.

Nodding his head towards the hole, he and Scorch snunk up on the mouse hole and waited. Soon enough, here came the unsuspecting mouse.

Pouncing, Rock nabbed the mouse, but to his surprise, out came another. Scorch jumped forward and barely landed on the fleeing mouse.

"Let's see if they have any young." Rock meowed, while slowly creeping up to the hole again.

"Scorch, dig a hole towards the back of their den, while I watch the front. The babies might become frightened and run out of the entrance to were we can catch them." Rock purred, the thought of fresh mouse on his mind.

"Okay sounds like a plan." Scorch nodded and began to paw at the grassy earth. Soon enough he felt it hollow out and heard the frightened squeaks of baby mice.

"I can hear them, Rock!" he whispered excitedly, "Get ready!"

All of a sudden, out ran all five baby mice, squeaking with fear, and so confused by the brightness of the light, that they turned and ran right into Rock and Scorch's paws. Pouncing quickly, the two toms caught all five of the young mice.

"Let's get these mice back to Ember. I'm sure Moon and Fawn will be fine hunting on their own for now." Scorch suggested while he picked up four mice and Rock grabbed the other three and together they headed back to Ember.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

"Wow! Now where did you find all these mice?" Ember asked, surprised by the seven mice.

"We found a mouse nest on the way to find Moon and Fawn and ambushed them." Rock replied, puffing up his chest fur proudly, "Scorch was a big help too." Rock added as he looked right towards Scorch and gave him an approving nod.

"Well this will indeed help feed the group. If you'd like since you caught these, you can wait here with me until Fawn and Moon show up." Ember said, glancing down at their growing pile of freshly caught prey.

"I think I should go back and get another cat or two to help carry the prey back." Scorch suggested.

"Good idea. We could use the help." Ember answered.

Turning back to the path they had taken to get there, Scorch hurried off towards the group. Passing trees and the big rock, the group came into view.

"Back so early?" asked a calico she-cat.

"We need a couple of cats to come and help carry the prey." Scorch answered.

"Really? I'd love to help. My name's Sky. I'm sure if you go ask the Blizzard, the golden yellow tom over there, I'm sure he'd love to help too." Sky meowed as she got up and followed Scorch over to the nest where Blizzard was sitting.

"Hey Blizzard, Scorch needs a couple of cats to come and help him and the others carry the prey back. Do you wanna come?" Sky asked cheerfully.

"Sure, sounds a lot more fun than sitting around all day in this nest." Blizzard replied as he got to his feet.

The three of them then headed out of the temporary camp and followed the path past the big rock and trees and into the forest. There, they found Ember sitting beside Moon and Fawn.

"Bout time you got here," Moon joked, "we were getting bored."

"Moon, Fawn, and Ember, this is Blizzard," pointing to the golden yellow tom, "and this is Sky."  Scorch finished as he pointed to the calico she-cat.

"We were glad to come and help." Sky meowed excitedly

"Yeah staying in the camp is boring." Blizzard added.

"Here, Blizzard, you carry these five baby mice," Fawn said, pawing the mice towards Blizzard, "Moon, you can carry the squirrel we caught. Sky, you can carry these two mice, and Scorch and Rock can each carry a starling. That leaves me to carry the vole I caught." Fawn finished.

Every cat picked up the prey they were assigned and followed Fawn down the path towards camp.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

Re: WildCats: The Dawn Of WildBlaze

When they reached camp, the remaining cats got up and rushed towards them to get some food.

"I'm so glad you caught some food, I was starving." a Black she-cat with white spots said, as she picked out a mouse and settled down to eat.

"It's been so long since I've eaten a vole." a auburn colored tom added.

After everyone had settled down to eat and were cleaning their pelts, Fawn leap up onto the big rock.

"Every cat, if I could have your attention please." She meowed loudly and waited till all the cats were looking up to her, "It's time we all went around and told our names, so our groupmates can identify us if need be." Fawn continued.

"I'll start. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Fawn." sitting down Fawn gestured with her tail for whoever wanted to go next, to go.

Sky stood up next.

"Hi everyone, my name's Sky and I'm very cheerful and always willing to help." she meowed nicely and sat down in her nest.

"I'm River and this is my  younger brother Breeze." River said, pointing his tail towards a auburn colored tom. Breeze stood up and nodded, then sat back down in his nest.

"I'm Blizzard and this is my sister, June," Waving his tail towards a dark brown she-cat,"She's a great hunter." Blizzard replied.

"She'll have to hunt with us sometime." Fawn answered.

"I'm Lily and this is my older daughter, Wind," Lily said, while placing her tail on Wind's shoulders."She's a great daughter, always eager to learn." Lily meowed proudly.

"Hello everyone," Ember said as she stood up and looked around at their group of cats, "I'm Ember. Like Lily, I to will be having kittens soon, but till then I'll be happy to help in any way possible." Ember said as she glanced at Lily's growing belly.

"Now that we all know eachother, I can assign you all to you clan positions." Fawn said loudly so everyone could hear her. "It's time for you all to recieve a new name. For starers, I'll be known as WildFawn, leader of WildBlaze, the clan of the loyal, strong, brave and witty."

"ScorchFlame will be my Deputy and SkyBreeze will be our new Healer." WildFawn nodded towards them both.

"Breeze and Wind will become WildCat Apprentices. They'll earn their full WildCat names when the are finished training and are ready to become WildCats." WildFawn then continued,

"The two pregnant she-cats Lily and Ember will now be known as LilyPond and EmberCave." WildFawn dipped her head to the two she-cats, " And Blizzard will now be known as BlizzardPelt, Rock is now RockPool, Moon will be known as MoonBeam, River shall be named RiverFish, and June will be now named JuneNight. All of you are now WildCats."

As WildFawn finished, the sun started to set.

"Let's all get a good sleep, tomorrow we will finally go in search of our new home." WildFawn called as she climbed down the big rock and settled down in her nest for a good nights rest.

(WildBlaze members)

Leader: WildFawn- A tawny she-cat with forest green eyes.

Deputy: ScorchFlame- Fiery orange tom with blue eyes.

Healer: SkyBreeze- Calico she-cat with green eyes.

*WildCats*

BlizzardPelt- Golden yellow tom with Dark green eyes.

RockPool- A black tom with icy blue eyes.

MoonBeam- A grey she-cat with amber eyes.

RiverFish- A pale grey tom with yellow eyes.

JuneNight- A dark brown she-cat with blue eyes.

*WildCat Apprentices*

Breeze- An auburn tom with brown eyes.

Wind- A black she-cat with white spots and blue eyes.

*she-cats and their kittens*

LilyPond- A pregnant she-cat with an orange and white fur and yellow eyes.

EmberCave- A pregnant she-cat with blueish grey fur and auburn colored eyes.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

"Alright! Everyone, it's time to get ready for today's trek." WildFawn called out to her clanmates.

Cats began to wake up and move around, visiting the pile of left over prey to eat before they left. 

Chatter spread throughout the area as the newly formed clan began to get restless.

"I wonder what we'll find on our adventure." Wind pondered.

"I bet we'll find somewhere cool to live." Breeze replied excitedly.

"We'll see." Wind's mother, LilyPond, meowed. She didn't like that fact that they were kind of vulnerable out here. Who knows what sort of predators may lurk in the shadows.

"Everyone, please gather around the Big Rock before we head out, so we can make sure every cat is here." ScorchFlame announced loudly, so every cat could hear him.

After about a few minutes, WildFawn leaped up onto the Big Rock and started naming off the wildcats and apprentices to make sure they were all ready.

" EmberCave and LilyPond." WildFawn called first.

"We're here." EmberCave said as she stood up, LilyPond sitting beside her.

Nodding, WildFawn continued.

"Wind and Breeze." WildFawn called.

"Here!" They both said together.

"SkyBreeze, RockPool, and BlizzardPelt."

"We're ready." BlizzardPelt replied as he, RockPool, and and SkyBreeze stood up.

"MoonBeam, RiverFish, and JuneNight." she finished as she scanned the group.

"I'm here." MoonBeam replied, "But I'm not sure where JuneNight and RiverFish have gone.........."

"We decided to sleep in the forest last night." RiverFish said calmly as he walked up to the group with JuneNight by his side. "No harm in that, is there?" he asked as he glanced up at WildFawn.

"Next time let I or ScorchFlame know where you're going, no need in worrying the clan by disappearing." WildFawn unhappily meowed, as her gaze burned into his.

Looking annoyed, RiverFish lead JuneNight into the group and sat down, tail twitching.

"Once we find our new home," WildFawn continued, "I'll choose a mentor for Wind and Breeze. Any fighting and defending moves that any of you posses will come in handy in teaching not only apprentices, but the whole clan, how to fight and defend themselves." WildFawn finished as she leapt down and waved her tail.

"We can head out now. We're looking for somewhere that provides good, dry shelter and has plenty of space for all the nests we'll be making." WildFawn meowed as the started walking deeper into the forest.

Wordsmith
writerfire

Interesting.  This reminds me of a book I read called Redwall and my poem Kitty Trails. 

I take you like cats?

Welcome to the board!

The best surprize is one left untold.
Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom

yeah I love cats indefenately :cattongue:

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

As WildFawn lead WildBlaze clan deeper into the forest, birds fluttered above in the treetops and a cool breeze blew through their fur, promising that rain was on its way. The ground under paw was moist and earthy feeling, so much better than the cages they were kept in at the pound.

"Hey, look at that!" Wind said excitedly as she darted forward towards a fallen tree.

Dried dirt around the roots had formed small cave-like structures and the area around it was sandy. Moss growing up another fallen tree made a spacious room for either a Healer's den, or a Wildcats' den. And to the far right there was an actual cave that went into the ground, which seemed to provide perfect cover and room.

"Wow!" Breeze exclaimed as he ran up to his brother, "Check this cool den site out BlizzardPelt." He chattered excitedly as he ran up to Wind.

"This looks like a good place to consider." ScorchFlame said as he looked over to WildFawn.

"We can stay here for the night and see how well it holds up to the oncoming storm." turning to the waiting cats behind her, she continued, "If these dens hold up against the storm tonight, we'll stay here." WildFawn called to the group

"So we can go explore it now?" asked RiverFish curiously.

"Yes, you all can." she answered.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

Walking forward as her clan followed curiously.

SkyBreeze walked over to the the fallen tree with the moss growing on it and pocked her head into the space.

"This would make a good Healer's den. It's cool and sheltered, a good place for herbs." SkyBreeze called to the clan as she walked all the way into the den.

ScorchFlame walked up to the first tree who's roots formed the first den they had spotted and walked in.

"This would have to be an WildCat apprentices' den, it's too small for a bunch of WildCat warriors." ScorchFlame reported to WildFawn as she walked up to see for herself.

"Let's check the cave, that looks like a good WildCat den." she said to her Deputy.

Together she and ScorchFlame walked over, with JuneNight and EmberCave following.

"Well this would be a spacious den for us." EmberCave meowed as they entered.

The cavern was huge and the walls were moist, with small dips in the floor of the cave. They would make good nests when lined with feathers and moss.

As the four cats continued to walk, they noticed that this was a very big cave.

"At least twenty cats could fit in here!" JuneNight exclaimed, sounding surprised.

"Yes, this would make a good place to shelter too. If a strong storm hit or if a fire started, this would be the safest place for the whole clan to shelter." WildFawn meowed.

As they turned to head out of the cave, they heard a strange noise just outside of the newly discovered camp.

"Rrrrrrroooowww wwoollff wwoollffff!" the mysterious animal screeched angrily.

It was a huge wild type of dog, with shaggy grey fur and a wide muzzle. It's teeth were stained yellow and its eyes were wild. Acting fast WildFawn and ScorchFlame ran out of the cave.

"Everycat in the cave now!" WildFawn screeched, "All of the best fighters line up at the mouth of the cave and help defend the clan." she ordered hastily as the dog came running, charging at the cats and trying to kill any it could reach.

Screeching, she and ScorchFlame, along with BlizzardPelt, RockPool, and RiverFish ran forward to meet the dog, hissing and spitting violently. The dog looked surprised, but didn't back down and ran right into the group of cats.

Slashing the dog's face with his claws, RockPool jumped onto the dog's back and bit him as hard as he could. Feeling blood swell in his mouth, RockPool leapt off the dog, hearing it screech with pain from the bite.

When the dog ran to attack RockPool, ScorchFlame and BlizzardPelt ran up and bit its hind legs, while WildFawn pelted up and slashed the dog's side with her razor sharp claws.

Howling with pain and confusion, the dog ran away, barking furiously as he did.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

After turning to check on RockPool, WildFawn went over and checked on ScorchFlame, BlizzardPelt, and RiverFish.

"Are you all alright?" she asked, sounding concerned.

"Yes, that definitely got the heart pumping!" RiverFish exclaimed, "We taught that dog who was boss." he said as he glanced at WildFawn.

"That didn't look like a dog. I have............."

"I know what it was." SkyBreeze interrupted.

With all the cats turning to listen, she continued.

"It looked to be a Grey Wolf. They're known for these parts." SkyBreeze finished as she glanced up towards a huge mountain that seemed to be far away, but never the less was quiet tall and huge; capped with snow on each peak.

"I'll say one thing, it's fur tasted rancid and dirty." RockPool added, sounding disgusted.

After getting the okay from SkyBreeze, RockPool, BlizzardPelt, RiverFish, and ScorchFlame joined the other gathering cats around the newly discovered leader's den, which was hidden behind a curtain of moss.

Up on the tall fallen tree outside her den, WildFawn made the announcement she'd been waiting to make.

"It's time now to give Wind and Breeze a mentor. After seeing how our toms can fight, I've chosen one to be Breeze's mentor, wind's mentor is going to be a she-cat." WildFawn meowed loudly, so her clan could hear her clearly.

"Breeze, your mentor shall be RockPool. He's strong and brave; not afraid to jump in and risk his life to defend his clan." WildFawn announced.

"Wind, your mentor will be EmberCave. She's wise, yet strong. Though she's carrying kits right now, I've known her long enough to know that she's a fighter, and a good one at that." WildFawn concluded the meeting after she nodded down to the wildCat Apprentices.

"Learn as much as you can," she advised,"because that wolf may come back, by itself, or with others, and it may come to the point where you may need to fight along side us." she concurred.

Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

"Swing your paw a little faster, Breeze!" RockPool yelled from across the sandy training area, as Breeze and Wind practiced their newly taut moves.

"I'm trying!" Breeze answered as he swung his paw into Wind's head.

"You call that a head swipe." Wind teased Breeze as she ducted under his second swinging paw and battered his exposed belly.

"Knock him over before he can recover, Wind." EmberCave called to her apprentice.

Swinging her paws quickly, Wind battered Breeze's belly, knocking him over onto his back.

"Better. Be a little quicker next time though." EmberCave suggested to her apprentice as she walked up to her.

Contributor
Maryheart24

Hi(:

I love your story! I also read Erin Hunters books and loved them!

I love how you've put this story together and would love to read more(:

- "Laugh your heart out, Dance in the rain, Cherish the moment, Ignore the pain, Live, Laugh, Love, Forgive and Forget, Life's to short to be living with regrets." - by: Anonymous
Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

Thanks so much:smileywink: I have a stories blog that I've been writing this story on if you ever wanted to read more:smileywink:

http://sierrathecatlover.blogspot.com/

Contributor
Maryheart24

Your Welcome(:

and thanks

- "Laugh your heart out, Dance in the rain, Cherish the moment, Ignore the pain, Live, Laugh, Love, Forgive and Forget, Life's to short to be living with regrets." - by: Anonymous
Inspired Contributor
WildBlossom
0 Kudos

:cattongue: