Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
alaskagirl2000
0 Kudos

Writing By Kids

What do all you adults think about books ( I mean real books, not picture books or other skimpy fifty-page easy reads) written by teens or preteens? Would you read them? Would you support them? Would you scoff? Would you criticize? I'd love to know! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Re: Writing By Kids

Well, over the years there have been quite a few young people, at least as young as 13 and maybe even some younger, here on the board posting their writings. So, if the question is: Would we read stuff written by younger people here on this board?: Then, yes, because we have and have offered advice and critiques. If you mean: Would we go pick up a book and buy it if we knew that a younger person had written?: Then I would say, it's possible, just depends on what the book is about. I don't think I would be biased because a younger person had written it.

That's just what I think, though.

Contributor
chironex-fleckeri
0 Kudos

Don't be discouraged from writing just because you're a teen, Christopher Paolini was only 15 when Eragon was first published and his books are super famous. Plus, I'm currently editing a book that I wrote and plan to publish soon, and I'm only 14. :smileyhappy:
"Experience is a brutal teacher. But you learn, my God do you learn." C.S. Lewis
Contributor
alaskagirl2000
0 Kudos

Okay...I'm not discouraged, I just want to know if I might be able to be popular with not only kids, but adults too. And Eragon is not a fair book to compare to. That writing was the most amazing new work I've ever read.