Reader
Grey_Lestings
0 Kudos

Writing a book..Please comment if you like it!

Ok, so I'm writing a book, but I have no idea if it's good or not!!

*There is a guy named Mason. He and his friends (Kate, Chelsea, Tom, and Max) were living in a small town called Keltix until the citizens found out that mason and his friends are vampires.

*While living in Keltix, Mason meets a girl (Anya, a human, of course) and they fall in love. When the people of Keltix find out, they go insane and try to kill her and the group of vampires. Anya is badly injured and dying. Mason and the other vampires flee with her to the near by forest and find shelter in a small cave.

*Mason bites Anya to transform her into one of them so she won't die. But, as Anya sleeps in the moonlight by an "enchanted river", as Tom, the eldest vampire, instructs, something happens.

*Anya is transformed into vampire, but her family heritage adds a little something extra to her mythical DNA. Pixie. Anya is turned into a volano demonessa (Italian for flying demon).

*The citizens of Keltix find Anya, Mason, and the rest of the vampires still alive in the forest and do everything in their power to destroy them.

*Tom, Kate, Max, and Chelsea are enraged at Anya and Mason. They blame Anya and Mason and order the to stay in the forest. (they cannot disobey the order because of reasons that will further be explained in the book)

*The rest of the book (the first in a series) is basically about Anya and Mason trying to stay alive. They stay alive by feeding on anyone who tries to kill them. This plan works flawlessly, until an unexpected visitor comes to destroy them. A visitor Anya can't bring herself to harm.

Oh, I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand...
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...
Goo Goo Dolls
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Writing a book..Please comment if you like it!

Hi, Grey...,

Sounds like some interesting subjects to investigate, although a bit like Twilight.  I'm not a paranormal reader, and the thought of these people [Anya and Mason trying to stay alive - They stay alive by feeding on anyone who tries to kill them], sounds daunting.  Love stories, sustained by death, is not my cup of tea, but, of course, it all depends on how you write the story, and for whom it is written, whether you can carry it off, or not.  We have no idea if it will be good, or not...by an outline.  Enter the chapters as you write them, if you want them looked at, and comments made on them.

Good luck to you!

Kathy

Grey_Lestings wrote:

Ok, so I'm writing a book, but I have no idea if it's good or not!!

*There is a guy named Mason. He and his friends (Kate, Chelsea, Tom, and Max) were living in a small town called Keltix until the citizens found out that mason and his friends are vampires.

*While living in Keltix, Mason meets a girl (Anya, a human, of course) and they fall in love. When the people of Keltix find out, they go insane and try to kill her and the group of vampires. Anya is badly injured and dying. Mason and the other vampires flee with her to the near by forest and find shelter in a small cave.

*Mason bites Anya to transform her into one of them so she won't die. But, as Anya sleeps in the moonlight by an "enchanted river", as Tom, the eldest vampire, instructs, something happens.

*Anya is transformed into vampire, but her family heritage adds a little something extra to her mythical DNA. Pixie. Anya is turned into a volano demonessa (Italian for flying demon).

*The citizens of Keltix find Anya, Mason, and the rest of the vampires still alive in the forest and do everything in their power to destroy them.

*Tom, Kate, Max, and Chelsea are enraged at Anya and Mason. They blame Anya and Mason and order the to stay in the forest. (they cannot disobey the order because of reasons that will further be explained in the book)

*The rest of the book (the first in a series) is basically about Anya and Mason trying to stay alive. They stay alive by feeding on anyone who tries to kill them. This plan works flawlessly, until an unexpected visitor comes to destroy them. A visitor Anya can't bring herself to harm.

Reader
Grey_Lestings
0 Kudos

Thanks. It does sound a bit like Twilight, but that's the bad thing about the sudden Twilight uproar. I was writing this before Twilight became so extremely popular. I had no idea how similar the stories would be. I've actually had to change A LOT of details in the story so it wouldn't sound like I was stealing ideas left and right :smileysad:

Oh, I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand...
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...
Goo Goo Dolls
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Grey_Lestings wrote:

Thanks. It does sound a bit like Twilight, but that's the bad thing about the sudden Twilight uproar. I was writing this before Twilight became so extremely popular. I had no idea how similar the stories would be. I've actually had to change A LOT of details in the story so it wouldn't sound like I was stealing ideas left and right :smileysad:

I know what you mean!  But, as the old saying goes, "there's nothing new under the sun".  It just means you have to present whatever the idea is, in your own voice, and then it becomes 'original'.  I hadn't read the Twilight series, I just saw the first movie, which my daughter had bought.  I didn't care for it, probably because I didn't like the personality of the actress who plays the main character.

This genre is as old as the hills, and it never seems to stop people from writing about it.  Of course, genres take off, level out, and then go underground for a while, then another set of readers come along, and that same theme flames up, and starts all over again.  It's just like fashion! 

Recently, I've been introduced to Steampunk, and find it kind of fascinating to read, although I would never write it....From Jules Verne, to now!  The wilder the better!  Again, it depends on how you've written this story; what you introduce in to it to draw the readers in, and have them want to stay with it.  If it's a serial/series, it all depends on that first book where the characters are introduced.  Keep the mystery, the not knowing, the protagonist and the antagonist in suspension.

It sounds like you've invested a lot of time in this story.  I hope to see it someday!

Kathy

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Your story sounds very interesting!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
New User
ShadowAngel
0 Kudos

Grey,

The story sounds interesting, but I can't really give you much feedback until you finish writing a chapter or section. I'm really into the vampire movement (and I was into that WAY before Twilight, so you don't confuse me with a Twilight junkie who is now obsessed with spin-offs of the series). I'm looking forward to reading this book! Good luck!

Ella

Frequent Contributor
geekylurver
0 Kudos

seem great from what you wrote. But always remember to write Unpublished right reserved  and then your name.

Let the darkness take you in it's hold. Let him squeeze life out of you maybe next you'll learn not to be scared of him.
New User
mike8779
0 Kudos

HI I am new I want to start qriting e-books but much like the guy on this page I am trying to find out where I can get feedbackfrom if someone could give me some information i would appreciate it thank you

New User
mike8779
0 Kudos

That was supose to be write my finger slipted in a q

Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Well, you can always post parts of it on here and we can give advice (unprofessional advice, but most of us write and post our own stuff, so hopefully we're helpful enough).  To start a new message, just click on the green New Message button on the main Writing Room board, then title it and paste your piece or story on to it.  Good luck with your story.  Hope to read some of it on here!

Inspired Correspondent
Jane_Doe
0 Kudos

The idea of the story is good, and if you write it well then I'm sure it can go somewhere, but as others said above, it is very Twilight-like.  There are so many vampire books and stories in general out there that it's just a bit over-done.  But, the outline of the story sounds good. =) I hope you write it and I look forward to reading it all the same. 

"Let the world be torn apart, may our lives be ripped away, simply so that we may be broken souls together."
-Andrea Hansen
Reader
the_critic
0 Kudos

Look, I haven't read it but I can tell that there isn't really a plot. And it sounds like twilight. Might I suggest a twist! Before you can grab readers everywhere you have to grab the editor in new York. Editors are all about twists.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

the_critic wrote:

Look, I haven't read it but I can tell that there isn't really a plot. And it sounds like twilight. Might I suggest a twist! Before you can grab readers everywhere you have to grab the editor in new York. Editors are all about twists.

A twist sounds good... but maybe you should read her ideas before you post. You know, that's kind of the point: to read what the person posted then comment...

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

I like that Anya has something in her family heritage that changes the transformation. As others have mentioned, the true test of any idea is in the execution of it. Really focus on characterization and letting Anya's personality and choices drive the action. I do hope you post some of this for us to read.

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com