Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

adrenaline of the hunt

"That's it!", I thought excitedly to myself. My fur bristled with the strong scent of fear. I threw my head up in the air and let out the howl of the hunt. I took off after the scent following the straight path of the pheramones. The grass blades grabbed at my sides leaving my fur wet with their protests. I was soon joined by my brethren. Our voices mingles as our minds were controlled by sheer instinct.

I rounded a creek bed and the scent faltered. I closed my jaws and let my senses tell where to go next. Shuffling through the grass and water, I caught the scent on the next river bank.i knew we were drawing close. My muscles pushed me faster with thought of blood fueling them. I left the others and pulled a head. This is way my master always choose me to lead the pack. Sharp left, sharp right, and then a total stop. The scent was so profound in this area. The recent rain only made the scent stronger. I knew the conditions favored me this time. I stopped moving and listened I could hear the little heartbeat beating in the grass. I knew I had won I knew this was the moment.

I could hear my master pace the side of the field. My brethren was howling following up on the scent. They weren't too much behind. I could feel my master grow tense as he knew the moment was drawing close.
I pounced in the grass and out shot the rabbit straight towards the open field. I was right on its tail. I could sense its hope for freedom by bounding towards the field. The rabbit broke cover and immediately the loud shot filled the air.

Wagging my tail I picked up the rabbit laying in the mud and brought it to my master. The blood was as good as the pat on my head. The other beagles followed up the trail and go the scent of blood. They knew it was over. I perked my ears as my master said, "well-done Max lets go have supper"
‡¥‡ When it comes to LOVE, even forever don't seem long enough ‡¥‡
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

Re: adrenaline of the hunt

Anyone is welcome to leave a comment it=f they would like. I would appreciate an reply on my story.
Frequent Contributor
HoplessRomantic
0 Kudos

You said:
Our voices mingles as our minds were controlled by sheer instinct.

Try this:
Our voices mingled as our minds were given over to sheer instinct

You said:
i knew we were drawing close.

Try this:
I knew we were closing in.

You need to be aware of things like syntax and diction.

One more thing scents die in water. A recent rain would make tracking HARDER. Maybe your dog likes a challenge.

I thought your story was good. To be honest I wanted the dog to be a werewolf. :smileyhappy:
You have the unique ability to get in an animals brain. Congrats!

I hope this Helps!
Aspen
â It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.â Said by Mrs. Bennet in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

HoplessRomantic wrote:
You said:

Try this:

You said:

Try this:

One more thing scents die in water. A recent rain would make tracking HARDER. Maybe your dog likes a challenge.

I thought your story was good. To be honest I wanted the dog to be a werewolf. :smileyhappy:

I hope this Helps!
Aspen

when it comes to hunting the wetter the groiund the more the scent sticks. it is actually easier for our dogs to track down the rabbit when the ground is moist.
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

snider_kr wrote:

HoplessRomantic wrote:
You said:

Try this:

You said:

Try this:

I hope this Helps!
Aspen

when it comes to hunting the wetter the groiund the more the scent sticks. it is actually easier for our dogs to track down the rabbit when the ground is moist.

but i appreciate all the thoughts you have given me