Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

Re: can you tell me the truth about you?

sooo.... where r u mg?
Bookbug

The more you read, the smarter you are!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

lol. don't mind her bb....she called me a b**** yesterdat too....
~Life is an open and delicate window to love and the world's greatest pleasures. But it can be closed in and instant as if you were never there before.~
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

just to much drama.

so wht u doing?
Bookbug

Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

talking to my friend up there.....
~Life is an open and delicate window to love and the world's greatest pleasures. But it can be closed in and instant as if you were never there before.~
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

sorry guys my computer went wacky. it was updating and turned off.
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

hey.
Bookbug

musicangirl
0 Kudos

hey i'm not even going to start on that thing.
~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

wht thing?
Bookbug

musicangirl
0 Kudos

g2g have to get ready for play.
~Mg

Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

bye ttyl.
Bookbug

musicangirl
0 Kudos

ttyl bye
:smileyhappy:
~Mg

Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

hey...that chat room is crazy!!!
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

yep
Bookbug

Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

ha.lol. jane keeps harrasing us though...it was so pleasent when she wasn't there...
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

yeah it was.
Bookbug

Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

bye.
Bookbug

Frequent Contributor
Littlemissct
0 Kudos

bye!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

where is this chatroom?
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

zip_zap_zop wrote:

ABI wrote:
List of things I would do on my last day on earth:

Wake up at exactly 5:01 a.m. and dress myself in my black dress and converse. Put on makeup quickly. DO NOT wear a coat.
Drive myself to Starbucks, order a mocha with twenty three shots (precisely) of expresso. See if they give it to me. Drink it all there.
Lean over the counter and kiss the gay guy who works there on the lips. Smile and skip from the shop.
Go to the music shop singing HELP at the top of my lungs, still skipping.
Purchase a selection of cds with my mother's credit card. Drop the bag off in my car and skip downtown. With my iPod in my ears I will blast On A Plain by Nirvana until my eardrums feel ready to blow.
Enter the movie theatre and not pay. Walk up to the popcorn counter and specify that I want a small popcorn, without the "yellow sludge" (you know, from "Ghost World?" ) Watch as the cool guy with the long greasy hair smiles at me and ask him to see a movie with me. He will look at me strangely, but I will look into his eyes meaningfully and he will suggest his favorite movie playing then.
Walk into my local coffee shop and buy a blueberry scone. Devour it and apologize to the guy I was unintentionally rude to a few months ago. Tell him I'd love to go out with him sometime, just to make him feel good.
Walk into one of those shops I always glance sadly in on my trips downtown. Select one of the clothing specimens I have most admired. take it to the counter and ask the price. Let my jaw drop and swear loudly like I've always wanted to do. Leave without saying another word.
Drive to the Lint Chocolate Shop. Don't buy anything but accept the truffle you get for entering.
Go to B&N next door. Remind myself of my romantic dreams of falling in love in a bookshop. (LOL) Select someone who looks acceptable and tell them the book they are about to buy SUCKS. Ask them to come to Italy with me. While they look at me like I'm insane, run away. Buy another coffee and a pocket copy of Romeo and Juliet to read on the plane.
Sit next to someone and start up a conversation. Talk freely, tell them everything, anything, not caring at all. See what they say. Read passages of Romeo and Juliet to myself and just think about it. Completely silent.
Drive to the airport and purchase a ticket to Puerto Rico, California, and Massachusetts and Ze Philippines. Pick up macross, Tiger, Gia, mrsronald. Go on our planned trip. Florence. Or wherever we decide.
Go to a bar and order a martini, not minding macross' horror, I order mrsronald one as well. LOL.
Blast Nirvana in the car one the way to
See a concert with Gia and Tigerlilly.
Go skydiving with macross.
Listen to R&B with mrsronald even though I don't like it so much. Sing along. lol
Spend the night doing WHATEVER. 'Cause I won't care! haha.
Die happily, and somewaht drunk. ha. j/k.

THERE. MY LAST DAY ALIVE LOL
But seriously. That's how I'd spend it. I like being random. It seems more meaningful than anything else. :smileyhappy:
Did I mention the song I listen to as I die will be WIsh You Were Here by Pink Floyd? HA! Yes

Message Edited by ABI on 01-08-2008 06:05 PM

Message Edited by ABI on 01-08-2008 06:10 PM

um, ABI??? i didn't hear anything about bungee jumping with zip!!!!

OMG Zippy I"d forgotten that!!! lol. Damn. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. I officially add in bungee jumping with you. Except if I were honest with myself I would drown before bungee jumping. :smileytongue:
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Woww... what have I missed during my brief flirtation with reality? Ha. Well... it's true. lol hmm so my dears..

Jean you seem in a good mood. :smileywink:

And Gia I'm glad you're back. How was Florida..? I've been spending my time on homework and complicated friend **bleep**. lol. Oh, and naturally my superb taste in musica.. did I mention huffing sharpie? Yeah that was stupid, lol.

lol and I died my hair blue!! It's so pretty!!! I have blue hair, and have taken to wearing pitch black eyeliner. Actually I've always done that but I've enhanced it now. I like the feeling of looking around me and silently seeing everyone judge me. :smileyvery-happy:
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."