Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
simple_girl

Re: can you tell me the truth about you?

Wow, interesting thread. Here is me...

I am alone, blonde haired and green/blue eyed. I have too many dreams and so little time. I have a degree but cannot use it because of the current state of the economy. I want to love and be loved. I have few close friends and don't care for most people. Books allow me to discover worlds that not even my dreams could create. I love the ocean and find serentity in the sound of the waves crashing to shore. Fall is my favorite season. Dying leaves have a comforting smell, they remind me of my childhood. If only it could have lasted longer...

"It is not what we say or feel that makes us what we are. It is what we do or fail to do."
Contributor
MacrossPR
0 Kudos

Im back muhahaha, with a different name, but still the amazing Macross, who is still left standing here?
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

I imagine i'd be in jean shorts and a t-shirt that is loose and barefoot, sitting on the sand of a beach in the middle of the night. Sitting around a campfire with one of my closest friend, we'd be laughing our heads off. We'd have the music playing softly behind us and just look up at the millons of stars above. I'd be thinking about who is out there looking at the stars wondering the same thing. My mind would wander into all my senses. The way the air feels, the way the salt smell floats around in the air, the darkness that surrounds me, and the way i taste the ocean from the smell. The waves of the ocean would put me to sleep and i would make no sound or stir. 

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

hi Macross! long time no... read(?) :smileytongue:

how've you been?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Contributor
MacrossPR
0 Kudos

Yes it has been a long time. I am fine and how are you?
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

I'm good.. school keeps me busy, but summer's coming soon, and then I won't know what to do!

Anything new and/or exciting happening around you?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Thomas Jefferson
Inspired Contributor
sandySG

i'd be sitting in my living room.

on the maroon colored couch with my feet on the recliner.  

I'm wearing dark colored jeans that are one size too big, and a t-shirt that is two sizes too big.   

I'm reading a book, in silence.

I laugh at something I read and then stop for a moment to look around, to see that i'm alone, i'm always alone.  

My sisters are out with their boyfriends and my parents are at work.  I think about how sad and lonely I am and return to reading.  My imagination bring the world to life and it's the one place where I can always find friends and wonderful places and never be alone.

Contributor
bookbug8
0 Kudos

hey macross. lol. hey scarlet. how have you guys been? i have been great. school is going fine. i am actually a FFA nerd now. lol. but i am loving it.  How is everyone.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ok so here it goes--

I'm hidden deep in the forest, where i can hide from the truth.

I rest my back against a large pine tree, as it sends a cascade of shadows across the floor of the woods. It is a metophor for life, as i had behind lies...

The gurgle of the brook streaches throught the forest, and then. the creatures who dwell along the banks creep from there hiding spots and stair at me, as if they are seeing me for the first time.

The soft brown eyes of a fawn watch me from behind a great maple across the stream.

I am wearing ripped jeans, and a faded t-shirt. My dark hair falls in long curls down my shoulders.

I am tierd, and just want to stop, and wait.

As life pauses, just so i may stop and breathe.

And think back on my life.

The choices i've made.

And decisions that have hurt.

A tear escapes, and falls down my cheek.

I open my eyes.

And i am surrounded by everyone, and everything that matters most.

"We could do pizza."
musicangirl
0 Kudos

hey everyone!

so i guess the change over that happened awhile ago got your username Macross. :smileytongue:

BB your an FFA geek. :smileytongue:

Well I guess I'm and FEA geek and FBLA geek. :smileytongue: 

oh and i'm great, and less than 6 days now i'll be across the country! so happy first time i'll ever be visiting this area of the country. 

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
BLUEICEGAL

hey mg how r you!! hows school going :smileyhappy: oh and starlet i think i remeber you your a older user arnt you, did you used to be on the teen reads theads a year ago? (jsut making sure) if u are then hey, its been a while!

i imagine myself...

standing in the middle of an endless garden, beautiful small flowers every inch covering the garden whole, im in a simple long very light white gown, but i dont feel cold, but not happy either, i make my way to the very edge of the garden, releasing my shoulder length jet black hair from its bun, and letting them cascade over my shoulders, the wind whipping my hair back and forth, i slowly close my eyes and let my thoughts take over, woundering if this is real, if i can be in such a beautifu place... free.. but sad? but then i feel him, hes standing right behined me, in a pair of faded jeans a white top with a leather jacket and boots, his hair jet black as mine in spikes, i notice his eyes arnt quite as brown as mine but a beautiful almond colour, i turn away shyness taking over, and realsing how see through my gown may be, but he rests is hands on my shoulder sits beside me, and looks deep into into my eyes, slowly but surley unraveling each layer of me, until i am layed bare each thought laid open . my fears exposed, instead he takes my hands and holds me, i inhale his scent beautiful and rich as these garden and know that he was sent for me.. becuase now i dont feel alone... not anymore

sorry its kinda long :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

BLUEICEGAL wrote:

oh and starlet i think i remeber you your a older user arnt you, did you used to be on the teen reads theads a year ago? (jsut making sure) if u are then hey, its been a while!

Yup that's me! I don't go to the Teen Reads board that often anymore, since school keeps me really busy. It has been a while! are you doing anything exciting for summer?

Groucho Marx

Thomas Jefferson
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

yeh ive just finished my exams so ive got hols plenty time to relax :smileyhappy: yeh coz some of  us older users if u rmemeber booklover bella_swan mg were talking about how it used to be back when there were i love krazy etc on the teen boards but most of em have left which is sorta sad, but i jsut saw ur name and remmebered u and was curious, u should deffo come on the teen threads, when u get time, im mostly on there and some of them will probs recognise you to :smileyhappy: but nah not much i was gunna go on hol but we canceled last min, but im just waiting for my results what bout u, gt anything planned?
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Contributor
bookbug8
0 Kudos

mg where did you get i was a FFA geek from? lol. but yes i am. i am a MAJOR geek when it comes to FFA. lol.
musicangirl
0 Kudos

bb i was assuming. BUT I'M A MAJOR GEEK when it comes to my clubs. Though FFA is one club that I can't believe I'm ever going to join, I just don't really like that stuff.
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

BLUEICEGAL wrote:
yeh ive just finished my exams so ive got hols plenty time to relax :smileyhappy: yeh coz some of  us older users if u rmemeber booklover bella_swan mg were talking about how it used to be back when there were i love krazy etc on the teen boards but most of em have left which is sorta sad, but i jsut saw ur name and remmebered u and was curious, u should deffo come on the teen threads, when u get time, im mostly on there and some of them will probs recognise you to :smileyhappy: but nah not much i was gunna go on hol but we canceled last min, but im just waiting for my results what bout u, gt anything planned?

maybe I will check the Teen Reads out again :smileyhappy:

nothing much, just a couple of camps, probably gonna visit my grandparents, and going to NYC for a mission trip

Groucho Marx

Thomas Jefferson
Inspired Correspondent
passi0nate_1
0 Kudos

Hey to eveybody out there! Interesting thread so im gonna try this out.

Here's me:

I am walking through the forest. The air smells fresh and clean. The ground is moist beneath my feet.I'm walking barefoot for a while just so I can get a feel for things.The sun is setting. It really is a great sight.Eventually I get to a clearing.I find a boulder to rest on and a stream which I love just to watch flow. It's peacful and amazingly quiet here. I think I enjoy being by myself for a while in a peaceful place. It's my escape from a troubling world. See, I'm a bit of a loner, not that too many people care. It just happens to be something that others tend to make fun of me behind my back about.I suddenly hear a noise that breaks my serenity. It seems like I'm not alone here. I finally find him and it turns out I know him. He's an old best friend and right now it goes without saying that he knows what I am dealing with. He totally gets it. We talk and we laugh and enjoy the sunset. We see the northen lights as night falls and admire intently. I feel a bit of passion in the air. After a while, we go our separate ways only to meet again some other time at our secret paradise. Our peaceful, secret paradise. Oh, how the air smells sweet. This is my natural wonder.

Music is the cure.
I am the addiction.
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

wow i can not believe that this thread is still going on! it has been on long time since i have been in here.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Contributor
bookbug8
0 Kudos

lol yeah FFA is probably not your thing. but its mine and i love it lol.
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

I imagine myself in dark woods

it smells like rain

rain i have been waiting for

i take a deep breathe,

lifting my face to the sky,

and rain has come.

my dark brown hair is in my face

as i allow myself to be consumed by the rain

I start to dance

i start to sing

songs to my life musical

i imagine him

the one i will one day fall in love with

true love

and smile as rain pours down on me

im away from everything, everyone

i dont belong there

that isnt the kind of life i was ment to live

i think about books and stories ive written

the ones that instead of reading, just seeing words

i lived,

and continue dreaming

i am woken up to the world i no longer belong, the one i though i had gotten away from.

the dream continues in my head,

and i vow my dreams will come true

but today i must live in thier world.

though my heart is still in mine

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."