Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

Re: halloween spookfest!!

oh, and ABI, i don't think i've read a horror by rl stine but i'll look into it. is it good??
"line?"
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

ah, I don't actually remember much, just that I liked it. You know, maybe this was before you, but the goosebumps series? that's by him. how old are you again?

Actually I think he was more in the eighties. Not that I read them back then, just my elementary school was pretty much 'stuck in another time.' lol...

and yes, you're writing was great, you should be proud of yourself. Comment on mine, would you? please? :smileyhappy: I want comments, you see...tigerlilly and mrw are just too positive...no, I like positive, but they are the only ones!
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
klavim
0 Kudos

ABI wrote:
klavim, zip, have you ever read a book called.....I don't know what it's called, actually. but it's by RL Stine (yes, I used to love those books). It has basically the same theme. Dead House. dead people. graveyard. ghosts, etc etc.

No, Abi, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't read his books. I sort of stuck with Stephen King from the very first time I read one of his books.
Either Mr. King has a brilliant imagination, or after his death somebody will unearth hundreds of skeletons buried around his property.
Only time will tell.
Hey, now THIS is an interesting idea for a haunted house story...
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

I'm glad that I cheered you up from your pessimistic thoughts!!! (No offense meant if you don't know the meaning of that word. Even I just now learned it.) It seriously creeped me out to a major extent, though. Great work!!! Keep it up -- it made my day to read it since I hate the beginning of November!!!!!
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

abi--

yes, i have read one or two of the goosebumps series but not many of them. and sure, i'll comment on you're writing! just say the word...lol:smileyvery-happy:
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

dianaprince--

pessamistic???? did i say i was pessamistic??:smileysurprised:

yes, i do know the meaning of the word. i read a lot...:smileyvery-happy: lol

dum de dum de dummm....still happy...:smileyvery-happy:
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Zippy, where are you? I miss you :smileysad: I want to read your poem!
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

I didn't say that you said you were pessemistic (I really hope I spelled that right)-- I said that you were acting pessemistic.
By the way, if you didn't already know, the Goosebumps books have a TV series of their own on Cartoon Network and it ROCKS!!! It should be on tonight and tomorrow night (Saturday, November 3 and sunday, November 4). I think the creepiest one for me would be "The Revenge of the Garden Gnomes". No kidding!!!
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

garden gnomes???? what the heck?:smileyvery-happy: are you afraid of them??

hmmm...you sound young. are you a fellow young'un??:smileywink: you don't have to tell me...i was just wondering cause i think i'm the youngest one here.
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

hi tiger!!! i miss u too!:smileytongue:

geez. i have a mountain of homework...my hair's a mess...my dog ate half my sock drawer...

everything sucks!!:smileyvery-happy:

(that wasn't the poem, don't worry)

keep in touch...luv ya sista!!:smileyvery-happy:
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Girl, you think your hair is a mess! I haven't combed mine since the fourth grade! It is what some call "The Mop"

Speaking of mountians of homework, I'm taking a little survey in my head so I was wondering how many hours of homework do you get a night at your school? Also, does everyone do all of it? Do you do all of it?
What subject do you have the most work in?

I know those questions are random, so I'm sorry. If anyone else would like to answer that question, it would be very helpful, no matter what level of schooling you are at. Go ahead, vent your scholastic frustrations! I want to hear it! You can PM the answer to me if you don't feel like posting it.

zip_zap_zop wrote:
hi tiger!!! i miss u too!:smileytongue:

geez. i have a mountain of homework...my hair's a mess...my dog ate half my sock drawer...

everything sucks!!:smileyvery-happy:

(that wasn't the poem, don't worry)

keep in touch...luv ya sista!!:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by tigerlilly on 11-03-2007 09:00 PM
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

congrats, tiger!!! you have completed your 300th post!!! bring on the confetti!!!!:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

****does backflip**(which i can actually do, believe it or not.)

YEEEE HAW!!!!!!

ya cha cha ya cha cha cha ya ya da da dum...
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

In fact, I have a huge phobia of those horrible thingswhich call themselves gnomes. You would too, I'm sure, if you had heard the terrifying story about a living garden gnome which I have heard (note: it's not a Goosebumps story). Please tell me if you would like to hear it.
As for your other question, I prefer to call myself someone who is "young at heart". Not that I am one of those scary old ladies who play with dollhouses to keep themselves young!!! I think I would rather be forced to sit in a room full of cats for several hours (I'm horribly allergic to them) than be one of THOSE.
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

haha! i like you, diana.
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thank you!!! I really did meet one of those horrible old mummy-women, FYI.

Why not what?

Message Edited by dianaprince on 11-04-2007 11:32 AM
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

you're welcome!!:smileytongue:

oh, that's just my signature.:smileyvery-happy:

page
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

i read r.l stine!!! why? what about it?

ABI wrote:
klavim, zip, have you ever read a book called.....I don't know what it's called, actually. but it's by RL Stine (yes, I used to love those books). It has basically the same theme. Dead House. dead people. graveyard. ghosts, etc etc.

o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Why does nobody miss me?
Yay! I thought nobody was going to make a post!
Haha! I spent Halloween with my family. It’s been tradition that we visit my granpa’s grave at the cemetery at this time of the year. **sigh
But I didn’t go partying or anything I just had a relaxed weekend. And I feel stress free. And that I think is what the holiday is all about. Actually , make that all holidays.. :smileysurprised:
boo boo booo :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Of course I missed you, mrsronald!!! I hardly knew what to do with myself in your absence!
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Tigerlilly! If you were a harmless cub I would cuddle you because you’re so cute and funny !
Lol! Well, are you a cub? Tell me!!!
Sheesh zippy’s not posting so much huh?