Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

halloween spookfest!!

[ Edited ]
Halloween is coming up!
Write your spooky stories real or made up!
A test of talent here! :smileyvery-happy:
Lol. Just kidding.

Just scare us will ya?
Booo… boo.. BOOOOO!!!! :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:

Message Edited by mrsronaldweasley on 10-22-2007 09:43 AM
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

Re: halloween spookfest!!

oooh this sounds fun...i'll work on mine.
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

You better! Im working on mine too… lol
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

sorry mrsronald...won't see anything from me,can'twrite horror. have no interest. i'm more for dry, and, so i like to call it, witty.

but would love to see yours...**makes imploring eyes**
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

What’s with the puppy dog look???
Stop stop stop ! I want to read your posts! I mean you **jabs a finger at abi’s nose (poink!) and the writer’s here on this board! I am going to be disappointed in no one posts a thing. Lol. I consider myself much more of an artist though….when the mood comes I’ll post something up. Hmph!!!

Ps
Ged id? Puppy dog look? (holy george) ear! Ear!
Frequent Contributor
APenForYourThoughts
0 Kudos

I was actually assigned to write a "scary" story for Halloween for my English class, so I'll post it on here when I've finished it. I'm not sure how frightening it will be, but I'll try. :smileyhappy:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

mrsronaldweasley wrote:
What’s with the puppy dog look???
Stop stop stop ! I want to read your posts! I mean you **jabs a finger at abi’s nose (poink!) and the writer’s here on this board! I am going to be disappointed in no one posts a thing. Lol. I consider myself much more of an artist though….when the mood comes I’ll post something up. Hmph!!!

Ps
Ged id? Puppy dog look? (holy george) ear! Ear!

**pointedly looking away, ignoring mrsronalds post***

I posted something! HA!
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Fine ! and I posted my thoughts on you post already! So there! lol
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

oooh somebody get klavim!!!!
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
zip_zap_zop
0 Kudos

hey i have to write something for school about a STRANGE HOUSE--maybe i could adapt it to make it scarier...

i'm conspiring...

***rubs hands together**

page
"line?"
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Oh yeah…. Can you write something that doesn’t necessarily have monsters in it but really make it spooky because of the possible horror that may have happened in it….
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

I have a short story which might be interesting. Please tell me if you would like to hear a highly spooky, not-happy-ending story inhabited by gargoyles, ghosts, haunted houses and a boy who does not get a very happy ending. it's not fully edited, though, so beware of spelling errorrs (like this one!).
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I have a scary story for you all:

I woke up early in the morning. Scratching my eyes with exhaustion, I walked into my bathroom. Then I looked into the mirror and saw my reflection (dun dun dun)- that's supposed to be the scary music.

Isn't that the scariest story you've ever heard?

Just kidding, that's a love story :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

And that is why I will not be posting any scary stories. But I look forward to reading them!

Message Edited by tigerlilly on 10-26-2007 05:29 PM
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

LOL!

I just though of one, inspired by tigerlilly!

Today, I was working lunch, and (thriller music begins**), NO ONE came in. Until, literally, TWO MINUTES before I was supposed to shut down. Half the school (I work on school grounds) saunters in, fifty little fifth graders, sixty sixth, etc. etc. To find me, stuffing my belongings into my bag and about to turn off the cashregister!

What do they take me for???
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Yikes! That is scary!
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
HoplessRomantic
0 Kudos

True:
I walked to my car the other day and noticed that there was something under it as I walked up. Assuming that it was trash (Stupid frat boyz) I reached down to pick it up. It wasn't trash...
It was the run over decapitated head of a young woman with a horendous haircut.
It was one of those heads that you see in beauty schools. The ones they practice on. Anyway it freaked me out for a second. I litterally jumped when I saw what it was.
It turns out my dear friend Bethany thought it would be funny. Must get her back. Any ideas? The head is now the centerpiece of my small kitchen table.

Hi Rons Chic
Great post!

Aspen
â It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.â Said by Mrs. Bennet in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

That would be scary! Glad I wasn't there because I probably would've cried and screamed.

How to get your friend back? I don't know. Fake your own death for a day? No, that might be too harsh. But it would make her appreciate you more... :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

yeah, get one of your more believable friends to call her up ..."Did you here? Hope is dead. She had a heart attack when faced with some kind of prank some cruel person played on her....lol. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Yeah, but I could never fake my own death because I would be too afraid of what my friends' revenge would be. They don't believe in truce
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
HoplessRomantic
0 Kudos

I was thinking less extreme. LOL
I am only 21 so a heart atack is unlikely. :smileyhappy:
Maybe a nice note from our college that she is being expelled for behaviors unbefiting a student? Its harsh but deffinetly scary. In the words of Cosmo "MAHAHA"
Love,
Aspen
Any more suggestions or shall I start writing...?

Anyone catch Moonlight (CBS 9pm) or Blood Ties (Lifetime 11pm) tonight? Great shows! Vamps gotta love 'em. :smileyhappy:
â It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.â Said by Mrs. Bennet in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice