Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
GrouchoMarxist

"Five-Card Draw:" A Poem

I wrote this about a year or so ago and I hope you enjoy it.

Aces, queens
Kings and jack
Hearts and spades
Red and black

Five card draw
Player trades;
Two of diamonds,
Three of spades

Move those chips
Across the table,
But only bet
If you are able

All players in
Will show their hands
Two shall fold, but
“Dealer stands”

Above all the noise
The man will shout,
"Play again?"
"Deal me out" 

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
~ Groucho Marx
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Re: "Five-Card Draw:" A Poem

I seriously love this poem. It really gives a new view to the game of Poker.

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Inspired Contributor
GrouchoMarxist
0 Kudos

Re: "Five-Card Draw:" A Poem

twilight_fanatic_01 wrote:

I seriously love this poem. It really gives a new view to the game of Poker.

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Thank you very much for the feedback! If you ever have an idea for a new rhyming poem that you would like me to write, just let me know and I'd be happy to craft a new one :smileyhappy:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
~ Groucho Marx