Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE

think of me

i'm thinking of you.

Does it sound like a good thing?

Your laugh. Your smile.

But what of me? -Nothing.

Of course.

you wouldnt have it

any other way.

Now that spring is gone

and summer's here to stay

Do you even remember?

that one with blonde hair?

the one with blue eyes?

and skin so fair?

the one who sat next to you,

on the big yellow bus?

the one who you'd joke with

and then they'd laugh at us?

the one who gave you cupcakes

on your seventeenth birthday?

the one you texted

until four in the morning?

the one who listened

to every single song

that your band ever recorded

no matter how long

the one who could sing

'like an angel' they'd say?

the one who you told

could have anything her way?

the one who you could be yourself with?

cause she was just like you?

the one who was crazy,

and wild too?

of course you wouldnt.

You wouldnt remember me.

the only one whoever

understood your dreams.

so here i am. thinking of you.

but now you must see,

that it's not happy

and i wont be.

until you think of me.

for  J. "c." P.

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Re: think of me

awwww. Sad, but lovely written. 
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

thanks. It really is just my own doubting selfconcious feelings. this guy i really like me and him were like so close this year. His name is "Carl" but that's just a funny nickname that's an inside joke between us.

a few days before school was ove one of his friends said he liked me. but now i'm scared that now summers here and he'll forget me

but thanks for the laurel im glad you liked it.

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

CaLaMiTyPLeAsE wrote:

thanks. It really is just my own doubting selfconcious feelings. this guy i really like me and him were like so close this year. His name is "Carl" but that's just a funny nickname that's an inside joke between us.

a few days before school was ove one of his friends said he liked me. but now i'm scared that now summers here and he'll forget me

but thanks for the laurel im glad you liked it.

After reading your poem (which was quite awesome, btw) I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I know this one guy who likes me (and I think I may like him back), but summer's almost here and I'm afraid I'll never see him again, he'll forget about me, etc. I'm going to ask him to sign my yearbook and HOPEFULLY he'll put down his email address or something, 'cause I'd like to keep in touch with him. You should do the same thing.

Teenage drama has (finally) caught up with me. Lovely.

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

well about that, summers already here for me.

we got out last week.

but he did sign my year book.  and in it he wrote "Love you" like no cooky spellings like luv ya or anything liek the real "love you" so idk if thats like a friendly thing or what. i looked at other yearbooks he signed and he didnt put that on anyone elses  ?????

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

*ahem* He likes you. I'm 95-percent sure, because in my experiences (which is not much) guys don't usually express those mushy-gushy emotions, unless they are:

1. Comfortable with it

2. Are like that with everyone

(Of course, I'm not trying to offend boys who are indeed emotional, because I know they are out there.)

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

thanks. i hope so. im debating on if i should call him or something. but idk if he'd think that was weird. we've only talked on the phone like three times and only for a few minutes for little things like asking if the bus was late, or telling me that he was mad cuz i wasnt there.

also i feel like im not in a position to take the initiative. he's a junior. and i'm a freshman. well i guess now, he's a senior, and i'm a sophmore. he's like two years older than me.

Inspired Wordsmith
Pennley_Love
0 Kudos

hey hey hey no negative thoughts! i know he likes you, and its clear you like him too. call him. life is way to short to be wasting time wondering if its weird to call the one you like. get out there! tell him your feelings. what if he dies tomorrow, and you never got to tell him you liked him? or maybe loved him?

have some charisma woman!

Sincerely Yours,
Penn
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

i actually have a confession to make, i already have a boyfriend. And he's great and i love him. I wrote this poem before we were going out, and the thing is i dont know what to do. because i love my bf, and i know i shouldnt be having a crush on this guy.