Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Brandi_R

what do you want to see in the Writing Room

Writers,

Tell me what you'd like to see more of in the Writing Room! Last we visited this topic, there was a desire for guests, writing prompts and more coverage of publication. We've done more of this and now I think we're entering into another time of change. I've noticed the last writing prompts/challenges I posted didn't garner a lot of responses and the last time we had guest authors/editors, those threads were pretty quiet. So, let's revisit this to see what you're interested in now. What would make this Writing Room more inspriring, exciting and productive for you?

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

Re: what do you want to see in the Writing Room

Do we reply here?

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
Brandi_R
0 Kudos

Yes, please share your thoughts in this thread!

letterpressfiction.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

A short story and/or poetry contest.  We have some good writers on these boards.

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

I agree, I think this is a great idea!:smileyhappy:

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

FWIW...

I'd like to see a properly password-protected board for sharing work.