Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 NOOK®
Setting Up Your Device
When you turn on your NOOK for the first time, follow the prompts to connect to a Wi-Fi network and set up your device.
1. At the welcome screen, touch Start.
2. Your NOOK displays a list of the Wi-Fi networks it detects in your area. Touch the name of a Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect. If the network displays a lock symbol, you will be prompted to enter a password to connect to the network. If you do not know the password, ask the network administrator. Once you have entered the password in the password dialog box, touch Connect.
3. Once your NOOK connects to the network, touch Next.
4. Set the date, time, and time zone for your NOOK. Touch any of these items to display a dialog box for making changes, and then touch Next to continue.
5. Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) for Software. If you agree to the EULA, touch the checkbox I understand and agree to the terms and conditions above. (If you do not agree to the EULA, you will not be able to use your NOOK.)
6. The EULA screen also offers you a chance to share diagnostic data with Samsung. Touch Yes or No to indicate your decision, and then touch Next.
7. Next, you’ll be prompted to set up accounts on your NOOK:
• Google account: Setting up a Google account on your device gives you access to Google Play and other Google apps. You can sign in to your existing Google account or create a new Google account, or skip this step. You can also enter information to personalize your tablet.
• Samsung account: With an optional Samsung account, you have access to Samsung apps and services. Sign in to your existing Samsung account using the account credentials, or sign in with your Google ID. You can create a Samsung account here if you don’t already have one.
• Dropbox: Your NOOK includes a 50 GB Dropbox account for two years. Dropbox can automatically save your pictures and videos to the web, so they’re accessible to any devices and computers you link to your Dropbox account. Touch the button to create or sign in or, to skip this step, touch Skip.
8. Next, your device displays a full-screen welcome page for NOOK. (Until you have registered your set up a NOOK to a new or existing account, your NOOK will display this same welcome page whenever you launch any NOOK app such as the NOOK Library.)
Note: If the screen dims or turns off, press the Home key to continue.
Registering Your NOOK
After you have set up your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK® and registered your Google account, your device displays a full-screen welcome page for NOOK.
Until you have registered your NOOK to a new or existing account, your NOOK will display this same welcome page whenever you launch a NOOK app such as the NOOK Library.
Follow the steps below to register your NOOK.
Note: You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to register your NOOK.
Registering an Existing NOOK Account
If you already have a Barnes & Noble or NOOK account, touch Sign In.
1. On the Sign In screen, enter the email address and password for your account.
2. Touch Sign In.
Creating a New NOOK Account
If you do not already have a Barnes & Noble or NOOK account, touch Create Account.
1. On the screen for creating your account, enter information, and then touch Submit:
• Your first name
• Your last name
• The email address you to use for your NOOK account
• A password
• A security question
Note: If you do not accept the legal terms, you will not be able to use your NOOK.
3. Next, you will set up a credit card for your account. You have the option of skipping this step, but you will not be able to make any purchases in the NOOK Shop until a credit card has been added to your account. Enter information about the credit card, and then touch Next:
• The first and last name on the credit card account
• Touch the pop-up menu to select the card type
• Touch pop-up menus to select the expiration date for the credit card
4. Enter the billing address for the credit card, including Street address, City, State, ZIP Code, and Country (United States or Canada).
5. Touch Submit.
Note: You will need to create device accounts for each user assigned a profile on your NOOK. For example, if Julie owns a NOOK and creates an adult profile for her husband Mike and a child account for her daughter Sarah, both Mike and Sarah will need user accounts on the NOOK, in addition to their NOOK profiles.
For additional information on NOOK Profiles, click here.