A NOOK Profile™ tailors content and shopping experiences on your NOOK for an individual user.
Your NOOK supports up to six NOOK Profiles, enabling different people to use your NOOK in different ways.
All the purchases made on your NOOK through any profile are processed through the NOOK or BN.com account to which your NOOK is registered.
Types of Profiles
Your NOOK supports three types of NOOK Profiles:
The Primary Profile
This is the profile created by default when you register your NOOK. This profile can view all the content on the device an. It can also create and edit profiles for other users and manage those profiles’ access to content. All purchases made on the NOOK are processed using the payment method associated with this profile.
An Adult Profile
An adult profile can purchase any type of content. An adult profile can also control which content is visible to itself and which content is visible to any child profile. It can also set parental controls for child profiles. It cannot control which content is visible to the primary profile.
A Child Profile
By default, a child profile can only view and purchase content authorized by an adult profile or the primary profile. A child profile does not have the ability to create or edit other profiles. It cannot override parental controls.
Simple-to-use parental controls help create a “kid-safe” experience and let parents keep track of activity and purchases. Using parental controls, you can limit the types of content that child profiles can view and purchase. You set up parental controls when you create a child profile. You can adjust them later if you like by editing the child profile.
Creating a New Profile or Associating an Existing Profile
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Open the General tab.
3. Tap Users.
4. Tap the Add User icon that appears at the top of the screen, underneath the “General” tab name (it’s a person’s silhouette with a plus sign).
5. Select the type of profile you want to create: User or Restricted profile. Choosing “User” will allow you to create an Adult profile. Choosing “Restricted” will allow you to create a Child profile. Follow the steps below for the type of profile you want to create.
· Setting up an Adult Profile
o If you have chosen to create a User/Adult profile, follow the regular set-up process (just as you did for the Primary Profile). You will be able to setup an existing or new Adult profile towards the end of this process.
· Setting up a Restricted or Child Profile
· If you selected Restricted profile, a window opens telling you to set up a screen lock. Tap Set up screen lock.
· Tap the type of screen lock you want to create: Pattern, PIN, or Password.
· Tap the power button to lock the device.
· Tap the power button again. Notice the profiles in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Tap on the profile you would like to set-up and unlock the device.
· Once in the Kid profile, tap on the “Apps” icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and launch any NOOK app that appears.
· Enter the password for your NOOK account.
· You will now be prompted to complete the NOOK setup and will be able to setup an existing or new Kid profile towards the end of this process.