Simple-to-use parental controls help create a “kid-safe” experience and let parents keep track of activity and purchases. Using parental controls, you can limit the types of content that child profiles can view and purchase. You set up parental controls when you create a child profile. You can adjust them later if you like by editing the child profile.
Creating a New Profile or Associating an Existing Profile
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Open the General tab.
3. Tap Users.
4. Tap the Add User icon that appears at the top of the screen, underneath the “General” tab name (it’s a person’s silhouette with a plus sign).
5. Select the type of profile you want to create: User or Restricted profile. Choosing “User” will allow you to create an Adult profile. Choosing “Restricted” will allow you to create a Child profile. Follow the steps below for the type of profile you want to create.
· Setting up an Adult Profile
o If you have chosen to create a User/Adult profile, follow the regular set-up process (just as you did for the Primary Profile). You will be able to setup an existing or new Adult profile towards the end of this process.
· Setting up a Restricted or Child Profile
· If you selected Restricted profile, a window opens telling you to set up a screen lock. Tap Set up screen lock.
· Tap the type of screen lock you want to create: Pattern, PIN, or Password.
· Tap the power button to lock the device.
· Tap the power button again. Notice the profiles in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Tap on the profile you would like to set-up and unlock the device.
· Once in the Kid profile, tap on the “Apps” icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and launch any NOOK app that appears.
· Enter the password for your NOOK account.
· You will now be prompted to complete the NOOK setup and will be able to setup an existing or new Kid profile towards the end of this process.