The following procedure details how to perform a NOOK HD/NOOK HD+ factory reset. A factory reset will deregister your device, removing all digital books and files, including side-loaded content. The titles you have purchased will remain in your account.
NOTE: It is recommended that all side-loaded content you wish to save is backed up to an SD card or computer before proceeding.
To Hard Reset NOOK HD/NOOK HD+, complete the following:
- Confirm the device is powered off.
- Hold the Power and Home key simultaneously.
- Release the Power and Home key once the NOOK logo appears. A Factory Reset prompt will appear.
- To continue, press the Home key.
- To exit, press the Power key.